Visiting Students

Due to campus enrollment limitations, Cal State LA is NOT currently accepting visiting students via the CSU Visitor Enrollment or the Intersystem Cross Enrollment programs. However, matriculated students from other CSU campuses may still take Cal State LA courses via the CSU Fully Online Courses program. Please contact the Records Office at your home CSU campus for more information.

Intrasystem and Intersystem Enrollment Programs (Cross and Concurrent Enrollment)

Students enrolled at any CSU campus will have access to courses at other CSU campuses on a space-available basis unless those campuses/programs are impacted or desired programs/admission categories are closed. This access is offered without students being required to be admitted formally to the host campus and sometimes without paying additional fees. Although courses taken on any CSU campus will transfer to the student’s home CSU campus as elective credit, students should consult their home campus academic advisors to determine how such courses may apply to their specific degree programs before enrolling at the host campus.
There are two programs for enrollment within the CSU and one for enrollment between CSU and the University of California or California community colleges.
  • CSU Fully Online Courses - Matriculated students in good standing may request enrollment in one course per term, offered by a CSU host campus. Enrollment requests will be granted based on available space, as well as completion of any stated prerequisites. Credit earned at the host campus is electronically reported to the student’s home campus to be included on the student’s transcript at the home campus. Current Cal State LA students - for more information, please visit the Records & Enrollment webpage.
  • CLOSED: CSU Visitor Enrollment - matriculated students in good standing enrolled at one CSU campus may enroll on a space-available basis at another CSU campus for one term. Credit earned at the host campus is reported at the student’s request to the home campus to be included on the student’s transcript at the home campus.
  • CLOSED: Intersystem Cross Enrollment - matriculated CSU, UC, or community college students may enroll on a space-available basis for one course per term at another CSU, UC, or community college and request that a transcript of record is sent to the home campus.