New Graduate Admits
(1) Satisfy the Terms of your Admission Offer
(2) For international students: Apply for your I-20 or SEVIS Transfer
Applicants holding, or applying for an F-1 visa must complete and submit the online New Student I-20 Verification Form with signatures and appropriate documentation to show proof of funding. If you are interested in attending Cal State LA, please do not wait for your admission decision before submitting these documents.
If you are currently studying in the US, and please request to transfer your SEVIS to Cal State LA by completing and submitting the Transfer to Cal State LA Form. Please do not transfer the SEVIS until you receive the offer of admission, and you know that you plan to attend the University for the admit term.
For other important information, including the deadline for the I-20/SEVIS transfer process, please contact the International Programs Office at (323) 343-3170, [email protected], or visit the International Programs webpage.
(3) Apply for Housing
Living on campus offers numerous opportunities for students to build lifelong friendships, develop as leaders and achieve academic success. We offer apartment-style residence halls that are a short walk to class, the University-Student Union, and various campus resources. To learn more, visit the Housing and Residence Life webpage.
(4) Review the Cost of Attendance and Financial Aid options
(5) Submit your Official Transcript(s) with Degree posting
- For Spring admission, final transcripts must be received no later than February 1st.
- For Summer admission, final transcripts must be received no later than June 1st.
- For Fall admission, final transcripts must be received no later than July 15th.
- If still completing summer coursework or degree (prior to the start of the fall admission term), plan to submit another copy of the official transcript by September 1st.
(6) Review your GET To Do List and Stay Connected
- The Office of Admissions and Recruitment will send communications to the "preferred" email address as indicated in your GET Student Center. You may update your contact information in GET.
- The Center for Student Financial Aid and other campus offices will send messages to your Cal State LA email address so it is important that you also regularly check your campus email mailbox.
- Please remember to regularly check your email and GET Self-Service Student Center To Do List. Once in the To Do list, click on the "To Do Item" name for more details, including the name of the specific school for a required transcript.
- For instructions on how to log in to GET, visit the GET webpage.
(7) Activate your myCalStateLA ID & 2-Step Verification
If you decide to accept our offer of admission, please activate your myCalStateLA ID and then sign up for 2-Step Verification. This is different from your GET login information. Once you have your myCalStateLA ID and password, you may begin to use your myCalStateLA portal and campus email.
Be aware: The Office of Admissions and Recruitment will continue to send communications to the "preferred" email address indicated in your GET Student Center, which may not be your Cal State LA email address. However, other Cal State LA offices will send messages to your campus email address. If your preferred email is not your Cal State LA email, please regularly check both your preferred and campus email mailboxes.
(8) Request use of a Preferred First Name (if applicable)
(9) For international students: Check in with the International Programs Office
The Cal State LA International Programs Office provides immigration and visa counseling for international applicants and students. They process and issue I-20s for study at Cal State LA. For more information, please visit the International Programs webpage.
(10) Orientation, Advising, and Registration
Newly admitted graduate students will be contacted by their departments regarding orientation, advising, and registering for classes. Please also visit the Office of Graduate Studies webpage to learn more about advanced studies at Cal State LA.
(11) CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
The California State University (CSU) requires the COVID-19 vaccination for enrollment. For more information, visit the Cal State LA Health Watch webpage.
Additionally, the California State University (CSU) requires all students to be current on a number of immunizations and to complete a risk assessment for tuberculosis (CSU Executive Order 803). This executive order and its requirements apply to undergraduate and graduate students, students matriculated in self-support degree programs and K-12 students participating in concurrent enrollment courses entering the California State University. To learn more, visit the Student Health Center webpage.