If you decide to accept our offer of admission, please activate your myCalStateLA ID and then sign up for 2-Step Verification. This is different from your GET login information. Once you have your myCalStateLA ID and password, you may begin to use your myCalStateLA portal and campus email.
Be aware: The Office of Admissions and Recruitment will continue to send communications to the "preferred" email address indicated in your GET Student Center, which may not be your Cal State LA email address. However, other Cal State LA offices will send messages to your campus email address. If your preferred email is not your Cal State LA email, please regularly check both your preferred and campus email mailboxes.
- Activate Your Cal State LA Email: We'll be communicating with you through your Cal State LA email address, so make sure to activate your myCalStateLA portal and regularly check your university email. This is crucial for receiving important updates and instructions.
- Expect an Email from Us: After receiving your admission notification, our International Students & Scholars Office will contact you via email. This email will contain detailed instructions on how to upload the required documents for your I-20 or SEVIS transfer.
- Prepare Your Documents: To streamline the process, have the following documents ready:
- A copy of your Passport Biographical Page
- Financial Sponsor information and a copy of their recent bank statement (or other official letters of financial support/guarantee/scholarship)
- If you're currently studying in the US, also prepare:
- A copy of your current Visa stamp
- A copy of I-94
- A copy of your I-20 or DS-2019
- Employment Authorization Document (EAD), if applicable
- Seek Assistance: If you don't receive the instructions email within 2 weeks of your admission notification or if you have any questions about the I-20/SEVIS transfer process, feel free to contact the International Students & Scholars Office at (323) 343-3170 or [email protected]. We're here to help!
What is Provisional Admission?
Some applicants are admitted provisionally as the admission offer may still be contingent on the successful completion of a degree program, or the verification of good academic standing at the last institution attended. At minimum, a Bachelor’s (or higher) degree must be earned and posted prior to the start of the desired admission term.
Admission offers will be withdrawn if degree (or good academic standing) verification is not provided by the requested deadline. If the admission offer is rescinded after enrollment, the classes will be administratively dropped. International students with rescinded admission offers are responsible for following up with USCIS regarding the change to their student visa eligibility.
Admission applications and offers are non-transferable, and may not be deferred to a future term. If admission is desired for a future term, a new application must be submitted for that term, and applicants must meet all of the admission requirements in effect at that time.
What does it mean if I have been admitted with Certain Conditions?
Some academic programs require new students to satisfy certain conditions during their first term of enrollment. If your admission notification includes mention of conditions, please contact your academic program department immediately to learn of the academic conditions (and/or course prerequisites) that pertain to your admission, and subsequent continued enrollment in the program.
Living on campus offers numerous opportunities for students to build lifelong friendships, develop as leaders and achieve academic success. We offer graduate student apartments that are a short walk to class, the University-Student Union, and various campus resources. To learn more, visit the Housing and Residence Life webpage.
The average student expenses will vary from student to student, depending on his/her living arrangements and individual needs. For the estimated cost of attendance at Cal State LA, visit the One-Stop Financial Services-Student Fees webpage, and select the appropriate term.
To assist with these costs, financial aid is available to eligible students. If you have not yet done so, please submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The priority application deadline is March 2nd of the current year, for the following academic year. For more information, please visit the Financial Aid webpage.
- The Office of Admissions and Recruitment will send communications to the "preferred" email address as indicated in your GET Student Center. You may update your contact information in GET.
- The Center for Student Financial Aid and other campus offices will send messages to your Cal State LA email address so it is important that you also regularly check your campus email mailbox.
- To view emails sent to you from key student services offices, you may also view the Communication Center located on the top right of your GET Self-Service Student Center.
- Please remember to regularly check your email and GET Self-Service Student Center To Do List. Once in the To Do list, click on the "To Do Item" name for more details, including the name of the specific school for a required transcript.
- For instructions on how to log in to GET via the myCalStateLA portal, visit the GET webpage.
If you have not yet done so, please plan to submit official transcripts from your degree-granting institution, and also from all institutions at which you completed any post-baccalaureate coursework prior to Cal State LA enrollment.
To be considered final, the transcript must include the final term’s grades, and if from the degree-granting institution, the posted degree with conferral date.
For Spring admission, final transcripts must be received no later than February 1st.
For Summer admission, final transcripts must be received no later than June 1st.
For Fall admission, final transcripts must be received no later than July 15th.
If still completing summer coursework or degree (prior to the start of the fall admission term), plan to submit another copy of the official transcript by September 1st.
For more information about official academic records, and how to submit them, visit the Submitting Documents webpage. To see what documents are still pending, please visit your GET Self-Service Student Center To Do List.
Newly admitted graduate students will be contacted by their departments regarding orientation, advising, and registering for classes. Please also visit the Office of Graduate Studies webpage to learn more about advanced studies at Cal State LA.
- Our International Students & Scholars Office is dedicated to assisting international applicants and students with immigration and visa-related matters.
- For more information and updates, please visit the International Students & Scholars webpage.
Cal State LA recognizes that some students may wish to use a Preferred First Name, other than their legal name, to identify themselves. The University acknowledges that a Preferred First Name can, and should, be used where possible in the course of university business and education. Information for students requesting a preferred first name is available on the University Registrar website. Please take a moment to review this webpage, and see if using a Preferred First Name is right for you.
The California State University (CSU) requires all students to be current on a number of immunizations and to complete a risk assessment for tuberculosis (CSU Executive Order 803). This executive order and its requirements apply to undergraduate and graduate students, students matriculated in self-support degree programs and K-12 students participating in concurrent enrollment courses entering the California State University. To learn more, visit the Student Health Center webpage.
Additionally, the CSU strongly recommends that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Be aware that failure to satisfy all admission and enrollment requirements and deadlines will result in the withdrawal of the offer of admission or prevent you from enrolling in the University for the admitted term. Students who do not successfully enroll in the term of admission (or end up withdrawing from all courses after initial enrollment) must reapply for future admission consideration, and meet the requirements that are in effect at that time.
CHANGE OF PLANS?
If you are no longer interested in attending Cal State LA, please submit an online Admission Application Withdrawal request prior to the start of classes for your admission term.