(1) Submit Official Transcripts
- For Fall admission, transcripts must include grades earned through the prior fall term, and if applicable, include in-progress spring courses.
- For Spring admission, transcripts must include grades earned through the prior summer term, and if applicable, include in-progress fall courses.
(2) Submit the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit
- For Fall admission, the deposit is due by May 1st.
- For Spring admission, the deposit is due by November 1st.
Be Aware: Students are offered admission to a specific major. Once you enroll at Cal State LA, changes of major are limited based on both the admission requirements of the major and Cal State LA's Timely Graduation policy. If you accept the offer of admission, you are indicating that you plan to pursue the major as stated in the admission offer.
(3) Satisfy the Terms of your Admission Offer
It is important to understand that admission to the University is a multi-step process. Some applicants who are transferring from a U.S. college/university may have been offered Conditional Admission because their admission was based only on the information reported in their admission application. If you were conditionally admitted, we will need to confirm your academic qualifications by reviewing official college/university transcripts, test scores, verifications of degree, or military records. It is your responsibility to submit these documents by the requested date in the conditional admission notification.
- Transferable Coursework
- Grade Point Average (GPA): Is the GPA you reported in your admission application accurate?
- Completion of at least 60 transferable semester units, or 90 transferable quarter units.
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester units, or 45 quarter units, in courses approved to meet CSU General Education (GE) requirements.
- Completion with a grade of 'C-' or better by the end of the prior Spring term for Fall admission, or by the end of the prior Summer term for Spring admission, the CSU GE requirements in Written Communication, Oral Communication, Critical Thinking*, and Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning. *The CSU Critical Thinking course requirement is waived for most Engineering and Computer Science majors.
- Overall final transferable GPA that is the same, or higher than, what was reported on the Admission Application. While some decrease in GPA may continue to meet admission eligibility, declines below admission cutoffs will result in withdrawal of the offer.
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended in a regular session.
- Must also meet/complete the Major-Specific Criteria for Admission as planned, which may include the completion of an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT).
- Fall Admission: July 15 and must include grades earned through the Spring term
- Spring Admission: November 1 and must include grades earned through the Summer term
(4) Apply for your I-20 or SEVIS Transfer
Applicants holding, or applying for an F-1 visa must complete and submit the online New Student I-20 Verification Form with signatures and appropriate documentation to show proof of funding. If you are interested in attending Cal State LA, please do not wait for your admission decision before submitting these documents.
If you are currently studying in the US, and please request to transfer your SEVIS to Cal State LA by completing and submitting the Transfer to Cal State LA Form. Please do not transfer the SEVIS until you receive the offer of admission, and you know that you plan to attend the University for the admit term.
For other important information, including the deadline for the I-20/SEVIS transfer process, please contact the International Programs Office at (323) 343-3170, [email protected], or visit the International Programs webpage.
(5) Apply for Housing
(6) Submit your Final Transcript(s) and official Test Scores
To be considered final, the transcript must include courses/grades completed as follows:
- For Fall admission, transcripts must include grades earned through the Spring term.
- For Spring admission, transcripts must include grades earned through the Fall term.
- If you are using test credit to meet a transfer admission course, or unit requirement, you must also submit official test scores (e.g. AP, CLEP, IB, etc.) to Cal State LA.
- If you are using an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) to meet Major-Specific Criteria for Admission, a final transcript with the posted AA-T or AS-T degree earned by the end of the preceding Spring term for Fall admission, and by the preceding Summer term for Spring admission.
- For Fall admission, final transcripts (and test scores) are due July 15th. If you take college courses in the summer prior to enrolling at Cal State LA, you must submit another set of final transcript(s) with summer grades posted, by September 1st.
- For Spring admission, final transcripts (and test scores) for required fall coursework/ADT are due January 8th. If the fall coursework or ADT does not affect admission, the final transcript is due by February 1st.
(7) Review the Cost of Attendance and Financial Aid options
The average student expenses will vary from student to student, depending on his/her living arrangements and individual needs. For the estimated cost of attendance at Cal State LA, visit the Cost of Attendance webpage, and select the appropriate academic year. As an international student, please also include the CSU non-resident fee to your estimated attendance cost.
(8) Attend Golden Eagle Orientation
(9) Check in with the International Programs Office
The Cal State LA International Programs Office provides immigration and visa counseling for international applicants and students. They process and issue I-20s for study at Cal State LA. For more information, please visit the International Programs webpage.
(10) Review your GET To Do List and Stay Connected
- The Office of Admissions and Recruitment will send communications to the "preferred" email address as indicated in your GET Student Center. You may update your contact information in GET.
- Please remember to regularly check your email and GET Self-Service Student Center To Do List. Once in the To Do list, click on the "To Do Item" name for more details, including the name of the specific school for a required transcript.
- For instructions on how to login to GET, visit the GET webpage.