Biomanufacturing Technician Certificate Program
Features & Benefits
- The program can be completed in less than one year.
- Learn about the types of career opportunities in the field of biotechnology.
- Develop skills and competencies to work as a biomanufacturing technician.
- Recognized by industry leader BIOCOM California Institute.
- Digital badges are awarded to showcase knowledge and skills (see below).
Who Should Enroll?
The Biomanufacturing Technician Certificate Program is ideal for:
- Those seeking entry-level job opportunities in biomanufacturing
- Those seeking to advance in new opportunities
- Those seeking to transition to careers in biotechnology
- Students with a background in science but no degree, including high school graduates from Career Technical Education programs or community college students who have already earned some units
- Recent science graduates who want to learn about biotechnology in order to fill experience requirements for entry-level job opportunities
- Veterans who are interested in gaining medical and science experience to enter a field with growth and excellent salary potential.
Find out more about the Biomanufacturing Technician Certificate Program during one of our upcoming information sessions. Read more about the program and register here for an information session.
The cost of the Biomanufacturing Technician Certificate Program is $4,950.
Federal financial aid is not currently available for this program. However, you can apply for a private student loan.
The Biomanufacturing Technician Certificate Program is both asynchronous (on your own time) and synchronous (scheduled class meetings). The Biomanufacturing Technician Certificate Program schedule is as follows:
Course 3: June 5 to July 25, 2023
Read the Course outlines here.
To complete the program, students must:
- Meet attendance and/or participation requirements
- Pass all quizzes with a score of 75% or better
- Complete all other assignments by the due dates
Students who successfully complete the Biomanufacturing Technician Certificate Program are eligible to receive a Digital Badge from Cal State Long Beach's College of Professional and Continuing Education. Each Digital Badge is embedded with a link to secure and specific information confirming that the participant has obtained the necessary skills and competencies as described in the program. The badge also includes the participant’s name, the course title, and the date of completion. Badges are shareable and can be uploaded to CVs, resumes, social media profiles, or other digital platforms. Learn more about Digital Badges.