Education, Non-Profit, Human Services
The College of Professional and Global Education (PaGE) offers the following degree and professional development programs that can lead to a career in education and social services.
Education and social service careers involve working with diverse populations in local communities. Professionals in education promote learning through the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. Professionals in social services help individuals, families, and members of groups and communities restore their capabilities to function in society. Often these careers include fast-paced environments, longer work hours, and expectations of staff to exceed goals and perform at a high level.
People who pursue careers in education and social services have a strong work ethic and initiative and are compassionate. They develop highly effective teamwork, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, listening, and emotional intelligence skills, among others.
Courses & Programs
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality, Wellness and Leisure Services
- Bilingual Added Authorization
- Sal Castro Academy for Urban Teacher Leaders
- Community Teaching Artist Certificate
- Computer Science Supplementary Authorization
- Home-Based Visitations Certificate
- Teaching Dual Enrollment Students
- Master of Social Work, Advanced Standing