Do you need help financing your education? The decisions you make now, such as negotiating student loan borrowing amounts, can impact you for many years following graduation. Financial trouble may have a negative impact on academic performance, can lead to withdrawal, and loan default. It is very important to manage your finances early by understanding the importance of developing and maintaining a budget, prioritizing wants and needs, and preparing for the repayment process.
There are several financial aid opportunities available to students who wish to complete their degree or an approved Certificate Program at Cal State LA Downtown. Please note that Cal State LA's College of Professional and Global Education (PaGE) administers all programs at Cal State LA Downtown.
Students are encouraged to apply for federal aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application.
View/download the Roadmap for Financial Aid brochure on the right or here.
To be eligible for Financial Aid, students must:
- Have a completed FAFSA application (Free Application for Student Aid) on file with the Center for Student Financial Aid. California State University, Los Angeles school code (001140).
- Be a “matriculated” Cal State LA-PAGE/DTLA student admitted into a Degree-granting or approved Certificate program. Matriculated students include those who have been formally admitted to Cal State LA and enrolled while pursuing an authorized degree, credential, or certificate.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units (1/2 time enrollment).
- Meet all requirements of the SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) policy.
Application and Deadlines
Financial Aid Roadmap
To apply for financial aid follow the steps in the Financial Aid Roadmap.
View/download the Roadmap for Financial Aid brochure here.
- 12 eligible students
- Must be enrolled at least half-time in a bachelor’s or graduate program
- Monthly entry begins February 1, 2021, to January 1, 2022
- One winner will be selected each month
Completing the Dream Scholarship: In 2021, The Sallie Mae Fund will award (260) gap scholarships worth up to $2,500 to minority students and those from underserved communities who are on track to graduate but are at-risk of not completing due to financial emergency or unpaid school bill. Apply for the Completing the Dream Scholarship here. The deadline to apply is on or before 11:59 PM EST on Monday, March 08, 2021.
Minority Scholarships: Get money for college with these scholarships for minority students. The deadline to apply is on or before 11:59 PM EST on Monday, March 08, 2021.
Graduate School Scholarships: The Sallie Mae Fund will also offer (10) $10,000 scholarships to minority students and those from disadvantaged communities who are pursuing a graduate degree. The deadline to apply is on or before 11:59 PM EST on Monday, March 08, 2021.
FAFSA Contact Information:
Web: FAFSA Website
E-mail: [email protected]
Access the Dream Act Application here.
FAFSA Information on social media:
Federal financial aid is currently not available for the Paralegal Studies Certificate Program and the Project Management Certificate Program.
Cal State LA Downtown provides the following information but does not endorse nor have any affiliation with the lenders listed below. PaGE works with all private loan lenders and students are not required to select a lender from this list. The lenders listed below are provided as a guide when considering private loan programs. To apply, please contact the lender(s) directly and/or visit their website for further assistance.
The following lenders offer private loans that may provide financial assistance:
- Select "Career Training Smart Option Student Loan"