Undergraduate Program

The Bachelor of Arts degree in Communicative Disorders prepares students who desire to obtain a graduate degree in Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) or Audiology. In the state of California (and in most other states) the master’s degree is the entry-level degree for Speech-Language Pathology, and a professional doctorate in Audiology (AuD) is the entry-level degree for Audiology. Students who wish to major in special education, deaf education, medicine or a variety of other disciplines in graduate school may also find communication disorders an excellent background for their ultimate goals. If you have an undergraduate degree in a field other than Communication Disorders and wish to take prerequisites for the MA program in SLP, see Speech-Language Pathology Master’s Preparatory Certificate Program.

Undergraduate Admissions

If you will be attending Cal State LA as a first-time freshman or transfer student, refer to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment for general admissions information.

For questions or issues with the Cal State LA application, please contact Admissions and Recruitment at (323) 343-3901 or by email at [email protected].