The next admissions cycle for the MPA program will be for entrance in Spring 2022. Competitive candidates for the program tend to have a strong academic record, work experience in the public or non-profit sector that allows for connections between theory and practice, and a clear vision of their professional career goals and how the MPA program will help in achieving those goals. Applicants must be accepted by both the University and the MPA program in order to enroll in the program.
Applicants must submit an application online through Cal State Apply. Information on the University's graduate admissions processes can be found at the following links:
MPA Program Application Minimum Requirements
- A GPA in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units of 3.0 or better
- Two strong letters of recommendation on official letterhead from supervisors at work and/or college instructors
- An excellent personal statement appropriate to the program
- A current professional résumé
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended including CSULA (official transcripts must be mailed to the University)
All application materials including the letters of recommendation, personal statement and resume are now submitted through Cal State Apply. GRE scores are not required or expected.
Spring 2022 Admission Deadline: Oct. 15, 2021