Living on campus provides you with excellent opportunities to participate in events. There are many events happening throughout the year in both resident housing and on campus. Check out these event calendars:
- Housing and Residence Life Event Calendar
- Cal State LA Master Event Calendar
- ASI Event Calendar
- U-SU Event Calendar
Cal State LA's Residence Hall Association (RHA) is an organization made up of dedicated residents who are looking to make a difference within the housing community. Develop your leadership skills, make friends and thrive in an academic and social environment!
For more information, email Ruben Zesati at [email protected] or [email protected]: we encourage residential communities to compete and bond with their neighbors through a variety of sports including flag football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, softball, table tennis, and dodgeball. Your RA should post information on your community bulletin board or just contact him/her.
Campus Opportunities & Resources
Cal State LA offers a wide variety of resources to enrich your college experience. Check out these campus opportunities and see how you can get involved:
- University-Student Union 323-343-2450: The perfect place to get involved, with meeting rooms for group work, lounge spaces for chilling with friends and opportunities for employment.
- Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) 323-343-2450: Book exchange, book voucher program, scholarships, free Blue Books and Scantrons, discounted movie and theme park tickets, locker rentals and leadership and committee involvement.
- Cross Cultural Centers (CCC) 323-343–5001: Hub for a cultural programs and events, studying and meeting spaces, support groups, culturally-focused clubs and organizations, computers, microwaves and refrigerators.
- Alumni Association 323-343–2586: Career resources, volunteering, mentoring program, networking, student scholarships and more.
- Center for Student Involvement (CSI) 323-343- 5110: Hub for involvement, recreation, volunteering and leadership that adds to the value of campus life.
- Xtreme Fitness 323-343-7546: Designed to help you achieve your personal fitness goals with cutting-edge health and fitness programs, including personal training and a wide variety of group exercise classes. Free to all students!
- The Pit 323-343-2520: Relax or hang out during your free time between classes. The pit is a recreation lounge with billiard tables, a foosball table, table tennis, a big screen television and an Xbox system.
- JKF Library & Palmer Wing 323-343-4927: Offers workshops, music and media resourcesm course reserves, interlibrary loans, study areas, group study rooms, lockers, computers, scanners, copying, printing, wireless access, and disability services.
- University Academic Advisement Center 323-343-3160: Are you an undeclared undergrad? Get advisement for General Education requirements, course selection, transfer credit, petitions and referrals.
- University Writing Center 323-343-5350: Get one-on-one tutoring, Writing Proficiency Exam (WPE) assistance and workships, research assistance service, conversation group and online resources.
- University Tutorial Center 323-343-3971: Offers study skills workshops, tutoring sessions, online tutoring programs, and walk-in math tutoring.
- University Testing Center 323-343-3160: Writing Proficiency Exam (WPE/GWAR), Placement Exams, Professional School Entrance Exams, credential and professional certifications, among other exams.
- Career Development Center 323-343-3237: Your primary campus resource for internships and jobs both on and off campus, learning how to get the job, and finding a career that fits you best. Located in Building 17 (off main walkway between gym and the Student Health Center).
- Study Abroad and Exchange Programs 323-343-3170: CSU International programs, Cal State LA exchange programs, affiliated programs, independent study programs and scholarships to fund the trip. Located in the Golden Eagle 217 (Building 6).
- National & International Scholarship Fellowship Programs 323-343-5964: Prepares all students to be successful in identifying and applying for significant external scholarships and fellowships that offer a transformative and challenging experiences. Located in King Hall (room D145).
- Student Health Center 323-343-3301: Offers the following services: chiropractic, counseling and psychological services, CPR training, dental clinic, family planning, contraception, health education, immunizations, lab work, pharmacy, x-rays, massage therapy, nutrition clinic, optometry clinic, psychiatric services, tuberculosis screenings, flu shots and men and women healthcare. Located in Building 14 (off main walkway, adjacent to Career Development Center).