How to request an advising appointme nt
Welcome to the University Academic Advisement Center (UAAC)!
Our center provides advising for two primary groups of students:
- Exploring Students, including both students starting their academic journey without a declared major and students trying to find a new direction;
- Student Athletes, including current undergraduate and graduate team members in need of scheduling assistance and other academic support.
In response to the suspension of face-to-face instruction at Cal State LA in for the 2020-2021 academic year, the UAAC is providing remote advising options. This will enable you to work with your advisor – on Zoom, by phone, or over email - to prepare for registration, to find and declare a major, and to stay on track for your degree goals without coming to campus.
Visit our Zoom drop in hours - 8 AM - 10 AM - during exam week and Winter Break
Have a quick question or need help making an appontment? Stop by https://calstatela.zoom.us/j/6615674034
Ready to declare a premajor or major? Want to change to a new major?
Email us at [email protected], and we can connect you with the right advisor for you.
(Note: Transfer students are committed to their declared major at the time of their acceptance.)
How to Make an Appointment:
- Click the “Student Success Collaborative” button on the upper right - or go to calstatela.campus.eab.com.
- Login with MyCalStateLA username and password
- Click blue "Get Assistance" icon
- Select type of appointment - "Advising"
- Select service category - "Academic Advising"
- Select appointment reason (e.g., "Class Schedule Assistance")
- Choose Location
- If you are a current Exploring Student or if you are a student with 0-60 earned units interested in changing majors, choose University Academic Advisement Center
- If you are a current Student Athlete, choose University Academic Advising Center (Athletics)
- If you have have a declared major and are not planning to change it, choose the appropriate college advising center for your major.
- Choose advisor (if no preference, leave blank)
- Select desired appointment time
- When you make an appointment, tell us if you prefer “Zoom” (with your preferred phone and email address) or “phone” (with your preferred phone) in the “Comments” box
- Click "Confirm Appointment"
If you need help making an appointment or if you are not sure where to go for help, email [email protected].
Please be sure to include your name, CIN, your phone number, and your specific question or concern so that we may best assist you!