How to request an advising appointme nt
Welcome to the University Academic Advisement Center (UAAC)! Our center provides advising for two primary groups of students:
- Exploring Students, including both students starting their academic journey without a declared major and students trying to find a new direction;
- Student Athletes, including current undergraduate and graduate team members in need of scheduling assistance and other academic support.
In response to the suspension of face-to-face instruction at Cal State LA in Fall 2020, the UAAC is offering advising remotely this semester. This will enable you to work with your advisor – on Zoom, by phone, or over email - to prepare for registration, to find and declare a major, and to help you stay on track for your degree goals without coming to campus.
ADD/DROP Deadline is Tuesday, September 8, 2020!
This is the last day to add a class and also the "no record" drop deadline. If you need assistace making schedule adjustments, please stop by the UAAC Zoom Room on Friday, September 4, 2020 from 9 AM - 11 AM: https://calstatela.zoom.us/j/6615674034
Please be aware that now that the semester has started, many courses now require instructor or department consent to add.
How to Make an Appointment:
- Click the “Student Success Collaborative” button on the upper right - or go to calstatela.campus.eab.com.
- Login with MyCalStateLA username and password
- Click blue "Get Assistance" icon
- Select type of appointment - Advising
- Select service category - Academic Advising
- Select appointment reason (e.g. Class Schedule Assistance)
- Choose Location
- If you are a current Exploring Student or if you are a student with 0-60 earned units interested in changing majors, choose University Academic Advisement Center
- If you are a current Student Athlete, choose University Academic Advising Center (Athletics)
- If you have have a declared major and are not planning to change it, choose the appropriate college advising center for your major.
- Choose advisor (if no preference, leave blank)
- Select desired appointment time
- When you make an appointment, tell us if you prefer “Zoom” (with your preferred phone and email address) or “phone” (with your preferred phone) in the “Comments” box
- Click "Confirm Appointment"
If you need help making an appointment or if you are not sure where to go for help, email [email protected].
Please be sure to include your name, CIN, your phone number, and your specific question or concern so that we may best assist you!
The UAAC Advisors assist all undergraduate students with the following:
- General education advisement and course selection
- Information on university policies & procedures
- Transfer credit advisement
- Help with university general education petitions
- Referrals to other University Student Support Services