Scholars and Mentors
Cindy Perez Feedback on the SPROUT Program
Other SPROUT Scholars, Mentors, and Projects
- Andrew Duenas, (Dr, Christine Dy – Exercise Science), 2021 Quantifying the effect of increasing resistance during cycling on leg muscle activity.
- Steven Huezo, (Dr. Chandan Suresh – Communication Disorders), 2021 Portraying of hearing loss information in Spanish Language YouTube Videos.
- Jimmy Jin, ( Dr. Anureet Kaur – Nutritional Sciences), 2021 Investigating intrinsic apoplotic mechanisms using Delta-Tocotrienol in HER2 positive human breast cancer cells (SKBR3).
- Yutain Li, (Dr. Jing Zhao - Food Science), 2021 Purification and characterization of c-phycocyanin.
- Adalid Medina, (Dr. Mary Kubalanza – Communication Disorders), 2021 Independent research project.
- Alexis Obinna, (Dr. Siyon Rhee - Social Work), 2021 Factors contributing to depression among African Americans.
- Elizabeth Owairu, (Dr. Melanie Sabado-Liwag – Public Health), 2021 Immigration-generational status on substance use and depression among Latinx adolescents in continuation of high school.
- Patssy Quintero, (Dr. Erica Ellis – Communication Disorders), 2021 Bilingualism in children with and without autism: parents’ perspectives.
- Francisco Aguilar (Dr. Anureet Kaur – Nutritional Sciences), 2019 Effect of fenugreek extract on ras protein expression in breast cancer.
- Cindy Garcia (Dr. Melanie Sabado-Liwag – Public Health), 2019 Mental health self-stigma and perceived levels of social support on stress among Pacific Islanders.
- Axel Munoz, (Dr. Stefan Keslacy - Kinesiology), 2019 Virtual reality modulates exercise-induced brain oxygenation.
- Merna Nasif, (Dr. Michael Joseph - Exercise Science), 2019 On ground and treadmill training paradigms improve locomotor recovery in rats with spinal contusions.
- Violet Perez, (Dr. Jing Zhao – Food Sciences), 2019 Proximate analysis of defatted rice bran protein.
- Karina Quiroz, (Dr. Melanie Sabado-Liwag – Public Health), 2019 Effects of depression symptoms on tobacco use and oral health.
- Maydely Remigio (Dr. Jessica Morales-Chicas – Child Development), 2019 Perceptions of math teacher effectiveness on math identity among middle school Latinos.
- Kennedy Stewart (Dr. Anne Larson – Exercise Science). 2019 Recruitment, enrollment, and retention for baseline data collection: an observational study.
- Isabel Valdovinos (Dr. Gabriel Simon-Cereido - Communication Disorders), 2019 Generic naming task strategies and lexical skills in typical bilingual adults.