Equipment Details & Instructions
Below you will find important information for the equipment you’ll receive as part of the CSUCCESS or Laptop and Hotspot Loan Program:
Should you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to email: [email protected].
Each Verizon box contains a hotspot, a SIM card (pre-installed), 3000 mAh removable battery, and wall/USB charger.
- There is a booklet in the box showing step-by-step setup instructions as well as a support number to call for assistance.
- The hotspots were activated as of April 28, 2021
- The hotspot is recommended for instructional work.
- The availability, range, and speed of the Wi-Fi signal on the hotspots will vary depending on your location, infrastructure, and other objects through which the signal passes, and how many devices are connected at one time. Its speed may be an issue if the usage is high.
- For more information please visit: Verizon Orbic Speed Mobile Hotspot Support
- Laptops are Windows PC laptops.
- Laptops will be loaned to students without any installed software.
- For instructions on how to set up the laptop and for more information on the software available for students to download for home-use at no extra cost please visit:
- Loaner Laptop Guides and Setup. This software includes Microsoft Office 365, Zoom, and Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- Should you require additional information on software and support services, please visit:
- If you need assistance with Assistive Technology, the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) Assistive Technology Learning Center (ATLC) is available to provide support. This includes technical support for any technology questions, challenges, etc. related to online instruction. For assistance, please visit:
- Should you need college-specific software, you will want to work with your faculty instructor on how to obtain the license for the software.
- Should you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to email: [email protected].