In an effort to support a culture of evidence that informs continuous improvement of programs at Cal State LA, the Provost, through the Office of Graduate Studies, is offering assessment mini-grants for assessment projects to be conducted in 2019-2020.
Ten $2,000 mini-grants are available to programs to support teams of two or more full-time faculty for assessment during the 2019-2020 academic year. Both undergraduate and graduate programs are eligible to apply. Proposals will be evaluated based on criteria described in the RFP document . An example of a complete proposal and final report can be found here.
Participation in the following workshops will be required for all mini-grant team members (Venue: Graduate Resource Center Conference Room LIB N A124):
- Mini-grant application information sessions (attend one of the following):
- Friday, September 13, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 16, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 18, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 19, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- 2019-2020 Assessment Workshops (one or more of the following):
- “Strategies for Collecting Program Assessment Data Workshop” on Friday, November 8, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- “Examining Civic Engagement Across the Curriculum” on Wednesday, December 4, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- "Assessment in 5 Easy Steps" on Friday, January 31, 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- "Let’s Get it Started: Adapting VALUE Rubrics to Assess Almost Any Program Outcome" on Thursday, February 6, 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- "Assessing Written Communication and Critical Thinking Across the Curriculum" on Wednesday, February 19, 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- "Assessing Quantitative Reasoning Across the Curriculum" on Friday, February 28, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- "Taking it to the Next Level: Assessing Graduate Program Outcomes" on Wednesday, March 4, 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- "Strategies for Collecting Program Assessment Data" on Wednesday, March 18, 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- “Examining Information Literacy Across the Curriculum” on Thursday, April 9, 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- “Examining Diversity Across the Curriculum” on Friday, April 17, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Proposals are due by Tuesday, October 1, 2019. They should be emailed as attachments to the Director of Assessment, Veena Prabhu, at [email protected]. The Director of Assessment and College Assessment Coordinators will review proposals and notify faculty on whether they have received a mini-grant by October 15th. Data must be collected during Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020.
For questions, please contact Director of Assessment, Veena Prabhu, at [email protected].