The Student Leadership Conference (SLC) brings together hand-picked engineering and computer science students with industry professionals to develop the next generation of diverse STEM leaders. These MESA leaders are the new face of STEM.
The conference is an opportunity for STEM students to develop “soft skills” necessary to successfully transition from college to professional careers. During the conference students:
- Explore career opportunities
- Practice their collaboration and problem solving skills
- Enhance their oral, written, presentation and communication skills
- Develop interviewing skills
Industry partners provide workshops, event speakers, conduct mock interviews and identify candidates for internship and full time STEM positions.
Students are selected by their MESA directors based upon demonstrated potential to be future leaders for their college, the MESA program, their community and ultimately, their professional field. All undergraduate levels are invited; however, priority is given to junior and senior students.
- 200 selected MESA computer science and engineering undergraduate students
- More than 30 MESA center directors from throughout the state
The MESA SLC is attended by:
- MESA alumni from throughout the country
- Industry and government agency representatives
- Various national, state, and local government representatives