Student Services

Get Support

How can I receive support for basic needs, such as food and housing security?

The Cal State LA Food Pantry is partnering with University Auxiliary Services and Dining Services to offer weekly curbside food pick-up for students. Learn more and sign up on the Food Pantry website.

Find additional details about programs and services including the Cal State LA Food Pantry, CalFresh, emergency housing support and more on the Basic Needs webpage. For questions, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at [email protected].

How can I access Wi-Fi hotspots and laptop loans?

The Office of the Dean of Students has a limited number of laptops and mobile hotspots for loan to students who have a need for this technology in order to be successful in their remote learning and classwork. Sign up online for the Spring 2021 Laptop & Hotspot Loan Program.

How can I access mental health services and teletherapy?

Counselors will be providing teletherapy. Please call (323) 343-3300 to schedule an appointment. Find information about Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) counseling, support groups, and referral services during physical distancing.

Let’s Talk is a drop-in service where currently enrolled students can have a brief informal consultation with a counselor once or twice per term. Let’s Talk is for consultation about a specific problem. Whether it’s anxiety, sadness, or relationship problems, sharing your concerns can be helpful. A counselor will listen and provide support, perspective, and suggestions for resources.

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis after hours, please call our After-Hours Crisis Hotline by dialing 323-343-3300 and pressing 2 to be connected to a counselor.

Where can I find resources for my well-being?

In addition to counseling, support groups and referral services offered by Counseling and Psychological Services, you can find additional support for your well-being on the WellBeingU website.

The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) will also be hosting virtual Health Huts covering health-related topics on Instagram Live every Wednesday. To find out how to participate and win prizes, follow them @CalStateLASHAC

How can I access library resources?

The University Library is continuing to provide all library services and access to library resources virtually.

The Library has created a dedicated guide (Library Resources for Alternative Instruction/Learning) to provide updates on Library operations, guidance on online/remote access and links to Library electronic resources, online services and more. You can also access this guide from the Library homepage

How can I receive care from the Student Health Center?

The Student Health Center will be open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please call ahead of time at (323) 343-3300 to schedule an appointment.

How can I get services from the Veterans Resource Center?

The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) is offering all services in a non-face-to-face capacity (i.e. email, phone, Zoom). Please email [email protected] for assistance.

How can I get in touch with the Dreamers Resource Center?

The Erika J. Glazer Family Dreamers Resource Center is offering virtual events and services for students. Visit the Dreamers Resource Center website to find resources and support. Questions? Email [email protected].

How can I access services from the Office for Students with Disabilities?

Schedule an appointment or contact the Office for Students with Disabilities by email or email your OSD counselor or support staff directly. You can find their contact information on the OSD Staff webpage. Learn more on the OSD website.

How can I find out about internships and get career advice?

The Career Development Center offers virtual drop-in advising, career coaching by phone, job search tips and online tools, and virtual events and workshops to help you get advice about internships and careers.

Virtual career workshops and employer events will be offered throughout the semester and listed on Handshake; create your free account today. 

Questions? Email [email protected]

How can I submit records or order transcripts from the University Registrar?

Many self-service options are offered through the MyCalStateLA portal (including GET), online transcript ordering services and other platforms. University Registrar forms are available online.

Most smartphones and tablets can photograph a page and transform forms into a scanned document. Sign, snap, and email those scanned documents to [email protected]. We will accept email approvals for the required signatures on the forms. Just include them with your form when sending.

If you must drop off documents, you can use a secure drop box located outside the Cashier’s Office (ADM 128) next to service window #2. Put all your documents in an envelope, seal it, write “Records” on the outside, and drop it off at your convenience.

You can also mail your documents to: Records Office, California State University, Los Angeles, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032.

University Housing

Is campus housing available?

Following state and local public health guidelines, the Office of Housing and Residence Life has reduced the resident population to enable physical distancing.

All housing residents are required to view a presentation that outlines the additional expectations and requirements residential students must adhere to in order to ensure the health and safety of the community.

Questions? Contact Housing and Residence Life at [email protected].

Will there be opportunities to engage with the University community?

Residence Life has developed an engaging virtual community for students living on campus. This programming focuses on academic success, inclusion and equity consciousness, leadership development, and physical and mental wellness.

Find additional opportunities to get involved with your fellow Golden Eagles on our Student Activities webpage.