Visit Health Watch for COVID-19 updates. Find Employee Return to Campus and Student Return to Campus information.
Emergency Notification

Student Services

Get Support

How can I receive support for basic needs, such as food and housing security?

Find additional details about programs and services including the Cal State LA Food Pantry, CalFresh, emergency housing support and more on the Basic Needs webpage. For questions, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at [email protected].

How can I access Wi-Fi hotspots and laptop loans and other technological resources?

Cal State LA offers many technological resources to help you achieve academic success. Find the support you need, including available computer labs, laptop and hotspot loans, tech support and more, on the Student Technology Resources website.

How can I access mental health services and counseling?

Find information about Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) counseling, workshops, support groups, and referral services.

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis after hours, please call our After-Hours Crisis Hotline by dialing 323-343-3314 and pressing 1 to be connected to a counselor.

Where can I find resources for my well-being?

In addition to counseling, workshops, support groups and referral services offered by Counseling and Psychological Services, you can find additional support for your well-being on the WellBeingU website.

The Student Health Ambassadors at Cal State LA (SHAC) host Health Huts covering health-related topics. To find about their events, follow them on Instagram at @CalStateLASHAC. The Health Promotion and Education Center also offers workshops and presentations for student groups.

Where can I find out about parking permits and alternative commuting options?

Find out about semester, 30-day and daily parking permits as well as the U-Pass and other alternative commuting options on the Parking and Transportation Services website.

How can I access library resources?

The University Library is open to all Cal State LA students, faculty, and staff, with all floors, collections, public computers and printers, and one-person study rooms available. Find more information on the University Library website.

How can I receive care from the Student Health Center?

The Student Health Center is offering telehealth and on-site services. Find more information about hours of operation and services on the Student Health Center website

How can I get services from the Veterans Resource Center?

To learn about available resources and services offered by the Veterans Resource Center (VRC), visit the VRC website. For assistance, email [email protected].

How can I get in touch with the Dreamers Resource Center?

Visit the Dreamers Resource Center website to learn about DRC resources and support. Questions? Email [email protected].

How can I access services from the Office for Students with Disabilities?

Students interested in receiving services and accommodations must submit an online application to register with the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) and undergo an intake appointment. Learn more on the OSD website.

How can I find out about internships and get career advice?

The Career Center offers appointments, drop-in career advising, career workshops, and employer events, both in person and remotely. They also list employment opportunities, including on-campus student jobs, internships, and part-time/full-time jobs on Cal State LA Handshake. Questions? Email [email protected].

Admissions, Financial Aid, Records and Cashier's Office

How can I get services from the Admissions, Financial Aid or Records offices?

In-person admissions, records, and financial services are available for students in the new Student Services Building, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. 

Visit us on the first and second floors for the following services: Welcome Desk, Admissions and Records Center, Financial Aid and Scholarships, and One-Stop Financial Services, which includes the Cashier, Disbursement, Student Loans and Collections, and Service Center Offices.

How can I make an appointment with financial aid?

Students can schedule a 15-minute virtual appointment with a financial aid advisor directly via the Meet with a Financial Aid Advisor link on the Financial Aid and Scholarships website. Appointments are available on a weekly basis. Students unable to meet with a financial aid advisor due to a timing conflict can submit an Advising Request Form

How can I make tuition and fee payments?

You can make payments online by visiting the Cashier’s Office website.

You can also visit the Cashier's Office in the One-Stop Financial Services Office on the second floor of the Student Services Building.

You can call the Cashier’s Office at (323) 343-3630 or email [email protected].

For student loans, call (323) 343-5357. For the Service Center call (323) 343-5430 or email [email protected].

For additional information, check the Student and Finance Service Centers website.

When is the deadline to pay spring tuition and fees?

Students who have an outstanding balance for non-payment of fees and fail to pay their fees by February 14, will be disenrolled, resulting in the cancellation of all fall semester class registrations and loss of access to online resources. In this instance, a "withdrawn" status will also be reported to student lenders.

University Housing

Where can I find information about housing?

Learn about on-campus living accommodations, how to apply, and more on the Housing and Residence Life website.