Note-taking services can assist eligible students in the analyzing and organizing of information presented during the live lecture and is not intended to substitute the students class attendance or participation. Eligible OSD students may request their note-taking accommodation via their OSD Online account.
OSD student information is kept confidential (anonymous), unless otherwise requested by the OSD student.
- Live (in-person; synchronous) courses with mandatory lectures.
- Asynchronous courses (no mandatory live lectures).
- This may also include courses where the professor is only conducting independent course work, activities, posting videos/recordings, fieldwork, internships, group projects, one on ones, and discussions, or optional class meetings.
If you feel that your course is eligible for note-taking services even though it is not live, please email OSD Note-taking Services directly at [email protected] regarding your request.
How to Request Note-taking Services
At the start of each semester, OSD students who are eligible for note-taking services, and for those who require the support of a class notetaker, need to request the accommodation via their OSD Online Services page by completing the following:
Step 1: Request note-taking services by visiting your OSD Online Services Page at https://yukon.accessiblelearning.com/CSULA/.
Step 2: Confirm your note-taking requests via your OSD Online Services, Note-taking Services page.
- This step should only be completed after you have attended the class lecture at least one time, and/or you have reviewed the available online course content.
Confirm a Note-taking Request:
- Log into your OSD Services Page at https://yukon.accessiblelearning.com/CSULA/, and under the “My Accommodations” menu tab located to the left of the screen, click “Notetaking Services" to be redirected to your OSD Online Services, Note-taking Services page.
- For each course, you have requested note-taking services, "Confirm Now" will be listed below each set of course details. By clicking "Confirm Now" you are verifying that you have attended the live lecture at least one time, have reviewed the available online course content, and note-taking services are still needed for the course.
- If a note-taker is not to be assigned to the student's confirmed note-taking request within 5 business days following the confirmation date, and the student still requires the support of their note-taking accommodation, the student should contact OSD Note-taking Services directly as soon as possible.
Notes are typically uploaded to the student's OSD Online Services, Note-taking Services page. Once uploaded, the online system will automatically notify the OSD student that the notes are available for download and how to download them.
If you may need any assistance with this process, please contact [email protected].
Become an OSD Notetaker
OSD welcomes all matriculated students who may be interested in becoming an OSD Notetaker, and who are interested in providing this vital service for students with disabilities. If you take accurate, detailed, and legible notes, we invite you to apply following the steps located under how “To sign up...” and access our Canvas page provided below, where you will find our online orientation, or contact [email protected] regarding any questions you may have.
OSD Notetaker Benefits include:
- Priority registration
- Stipend (up to $75 per course)
- Community service hours
Please also be advised that university employees (part- and full-time) are not eligible for the stipend but are still eligible for priority registration and community service hours.
To sign up to become an OSD Notetaker, visit our CANVAS page:
- Go to Enroll in OSD Note-taking Services page in Canvas – you may need to log into the MyCalStateLA portal.
- Click “Enroll in Course.”
- Click “Go to the Course.”
- Review the PDF titled “How to Sign Up as a Note-taker” to complete the sign-up process.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
*Please note that our office strives to provide note-taking services of the utmost quality. Understand that we are utilizing your Cal State LA peers to meet the goals of this service as set forth by the ADA. These peers are volunteering their time, therefore, personal preferences of individual notes may not be feasible. However, we will exhaust all efforts to meet reasonable accommodation requests.