Cal State LA International Programs and Global Engagement (IPGE) promotes and supports international education opportunities for faculty and students by administering well-designed and academically rigorous study abroad programs. IPGE offers Cal State LA courses taught by Cal State LA faculty in many locations worldwide. Faculty, working collaboratively with IPGE, identify locations, courses, and program-related excursions.
Call for Proposals
We are pleased to announce a 'Call For Proposals' for faculty interested in developing a new study abroad program or renewing an existing program.
- Course(s) fulfills major, minor or general education degree requirements
- Proposal include locations in which the faculty has experience and expertise
- Offers opportunities in countries or regions in which Cal State LA has little or no current study abroad programming
- Provides opportunities for increasing the accessibility of study abroad
- Faculty must be present on campus for at least two terms prior to departure or otherwise demonstrate the ability to effectively recruit participants
- Faculty is proposing location(s) in which he/she has experience and expertise
- Faculty has the support of the department chair and college dean
Program proposals are reviewed and recommended for selection by members of the Council on International Programs to the Associate Vice President for International Programs and Global Engagement.
Faculty must meet with the study abroad coordinator to discuss proposals in advance of submission.
Submit a Proposal:
- Completed Global Engagement Programs Proposal
- Draft itinerary/schedule including pre-trip and post-trip meetings
- Draft syllabus
- Draft budget
- Resume/C.V. of faculty