Criminal Justice Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) and Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
BA in Criminal Justice
PLO1: Students will appraise social scientific concepts, theories, research, laws, and ethics to examine how they explain common problems and inform contemporary practices of the justice systems
- SLO 1: Students will apply social scientific concepts, theories, and research related to the justice system.
- SLO 2: Students will analyze how social scientific concepts, theories, and research relate to contemporary problems of the justice system.
PLO2. Students will evaluate how justice systems practices are applied in diverse communities both locally and nationally through active learning, civic engagement, and service-learning opportunities
- SLO 1: Students will examine applied criminal justice practices through civic engagement locally.
- SLO 2: Students will assess the impact of criminal justice applied practices through civic learning opportunities locally and/or nationally.
PLO3. Students will critique responses to contemporary problems within the justice systems at local, state, and national levels
- SLO 1: Students will analyze a contemporary criminal justice problem.
- SLO 2: Students will evaluate programs within the justice systems.