Payment Information

Bank account (electronic check), credit card, debit card, 529 savings plan, and international payments are accepted online through Transact (formerly CASHNet). Transact operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, however, payments received after 9:00 pm and on weekends/holidays will not post to your account until the following business day. Please log on to your MyCalStateLA student portal and select Transact from the Quick Launch menu. You can also access Transact directly here.

Bank account (electronic check) payments

There is no service fee to pay by bank account (electronic check). Payments may take up to 5 business days to withdraw from your bank account.

Credit card and debit card payments

A 2.65% non-refundable convenience fee applies for credit card and debit card payments. American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard and Visa credit cards are accepted. Payments may take up to 5 business days to withdraw from your account.

529 Savings Plan payments

A $10.00 fee will be deducted from your 529 plan account in addition to the requested withdrawal amount for each transaction, or for the first transaction of an installment payment plan. Your 529 vendor may also assess a service fee. Many 529 savings plans can be used to make payments on this website but not all 529 vendors and/or plans are currently supported. 

International Payments

International payments are processed by Flywire. Please complete your Flywire payment within Transact by selecting International Payment as the payment method. Flywire accepts international credit card payments and other local payment for over 100 countries and territories including Alipay and UnionPay. You can pay via bank wire option transfer securely from any country, and bank typically in your home currency. When completing your Flywire payment within Transact, your information will be provided to Flywire and you will be directed to the Flywire website. Your activity on Flywire's website is governed by the Flywire privacy policy found at "". Please be aware that additional costs such as currency exchange rates and credit card services fees may be incurred for international transactions. Total costs are displayed when selecting your payment method in Flywire.

Your Flywire payment should not exceed your cost for tuition and other required fees. All refunds for wire payments will be processed through Flywire and returned to the original source.

We highly recommend students pay online while COVID-19 is still in sight. However, if your only option is to pay by check or cash, please visit us at or mail your check payment to the address below. Please include your name and CIN on your check.

Cal State LA
One-Stop Financial Services
Student Services Building, Room #2380
5151 State University Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90032-8524

Financial Aid Recipients

You may register for classes if financial aid has been awarded and authorized to cover your full tuition and fees, and your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements are met. If your aid does not fully cover your tuition and fees, a payment for the difference must be made before you can register for classes. Please contact the Financial Aid Office at (323) 343-6260 with questions regarding your award.

If you are anticipating financial aid to pay your student tuition and fees, it is your responsibility to ensure the following:

  • Confirm that you have been awarded financial aid, and your aid is authorized to cover your tuition and fees. You can confirm by logging onto your GET account and viewing your Financial Aid Award.
  • If your aid awarded does not fully cover the tuition and fees, payment must be made for the difference before you can add classes.
  • To receive partial aid, you must be enrolled in at least half-time units (six units for undergraduate, four units for graduate). To receive your full-time financial aid disbursement, you must be enrolled in twelve units minimum for undergraduate and eight units minimum for graduate (subject to SAP requirement).
  • If your financial aid award is later canceled or changed due to a change in enrollment or eligibility, you are responsible for paying any outstanding charges.

Please visit the Student Financial Aid website for additional information.