Collection & Repayment Agreements
The Student Loan Services and Collections Office staff are trained specialists in the guidelines governing the programs below. They can assist with debt management, deferments, cancellations and special repayment agreements:
- Federal Perkins Student Loan Accounts
- Nursing Student Loans
- Past-Due Housing Accounts
- 30 Day Loans
- Financial Aid Overawards
- Payment Plans for Tuition and Fees
- Dream Loans
- Payment Contracts for past due accounts
Our office works with ECSI (Education Computer Systems, Inc.), Collection Agencies and Credit Bureaus.
The Student Loan Services and Collections Office is a multi-service area.
- Assure Loan programs are repaid so the funds are available for future student borrowers.
- Assist students with financial situations so they may continue their education and repay their financial obligations.
- An installment or management payment plan is available to assist you with budgeting your tuition and fees payments. Information regarding available installment plans is emailed to students each term before we begin accepting payments. Please make sure to sign up for payment plans early to ensure availability!
- The 30 Day Loan may offer that extra amount of money needed to buy your books or to assist with unexpected financial needs.
- The maximum loan amount is $250.00.
- The service fee is $2.00.
- You must have a verifiable source of repayment.
- Repayment is due in 30 days from the date the loan is available for pick up.
We can help you navigate an unexpected financial crisis. What if you are over awarded financial aid and need to pay back a large balance? What if you cannot pay your Housing bill on time? You have questions, we are here to help. We will help you understand the charges and payments on your student account and will work with you to determine the best repayment option for your outstanding debt.
Please contact Student Loan Services and Collections if you have any questions regarding your financial obligations at California State University, Los Angeles.
Students may sign up for a payment contract by filling out the Petition Form in Student Services Building, Room #2380 or mailing in the information.
Check the General Information page for the correct mailing or E-Mail address. Be sure to include your name, address, day telephone number, student ID number, and a brief explanation of your request. Include documentation, such as a doctor's memo, that will verify your case.
Each case will be reviewed and a decision will be made based on individual circumstances.
Federal Perkins, Nursing Student Loans, and Dream Loans
You must call (323) 343-3580 for an appointment.
Orientations are held Monday through Thursday at 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, or 4:00 pm. A reference sheet is required at time of orientation, available from Student Loan Services & Collections.
Remember your Perkins Loan, Nursing Loan or Dream Loan will not be disbursed if you have not had an orientation for the current academic year.
ECSI, Education Computer Systems, Inc.
ECSI is the university's billing service for the Federal Perkins, Nursing Student, and Dream Loan Programs. You may wish to see the ECSI home page at http://www.heartlandecsi.com.
An exit Interview is a Federal Requirement when exiting the Federal Perkins, Nursing Loan or Dream Loan program. Failure to complete this requirement will result in a hold on all University services. Contact Student Loan Services & Collection Office at (323) 343 5357 for an exit interview appointment.
Types of Deferments
You may defer or delay the repayment of your loan for a defined period of time. The following types of deferments are available depending on when you received your Perkins Loan or Dream Loan. Contact Student Loan Services and Collections regarding how the following types of deferments effect your specific loan dates.
- In School - at least 1/2 time student
- Graduate Fellowship
- Rehabilitation Training
- Residency in Dentistry
- Economic Hardship
- Military, Peace Corps or VISTA
- Volunteer Service
- Temporary Total Disability (Borrower, spouse, or dependent)
- Internship/Residency Program
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administrative Corps
- Parental Leave
- Working Mother
Types of Cancellations
You may cancel all or a portion of your loan over a period of time for the following services depending on when you received your Perkins Loan. Contact Student Loan Services and Collections regarding how the following types of cancellations effect your specific loan dates.
- Teacher in a qualified elementary or secondary school
- Special Education Teacher
- Headstart Staff member
- Peace Corps/VISTA volunteer
- Law Enforcement
- Nurses/Medical Technician
- Work with High Risk Children
- Early Intervention Services
- Child and Family Services
Past Due Student Loan Account
Do not wait to handle your account. Contact Student Loans Services and Collections Now at (323) 343-3580.
- Past due status is reported to Credit Bureaus
- If a collection agency is involved, additional charges will be added to the balance owed. This could almost double the amount due.
- A hold will be placed on University services.
Please contact the collector assigned to assist you:
380 Main Street
Salem, NH 03079
Williams and Fudge Inc.
775 Addison Ave
Rock Hill, SC 29730
Conserve Collection Agency
200 Crosskeys Office Park
Fairport, NY 1445