Admission to the Program
- A BA or BS from an accredited university
- A 2.75 grade point average in the last 60 semester or 90 quarter units
- Meet English Language Proficiency if the Bachelor's degree was not earned at an accredited college/university where English is the only language of instruction.
Documents you need to have ready when you apply
- Current resume or vita (2 pages maximum)
- Two letters of recommendation from university faculty or professional references - you will need your recommenders' email address - Note: due to the COVID19 the Spring 2021 application deadline was extended to Nov. 2, 2020 on the recommendations page it states "When specifying the Due Date, enter 10/1/2020." The new date is Nov. 2, 2020.
- Unofficial transcripts (bachelors degree and any universities attended after you received your BA or BS) - current or former Cal State LA students still need to submit unofficial transcripts
- Personal Statement - provide no more than a one page response to each of the following:
- A statement of career purpose that describes your reasons for pursuing the M.A. in Educational Technology.
- What are your previous experiences with technology in your work and personal life?
- What strengths do you bring that will enable you to be successful in this program?
Note: Even though you may be a current student at Cal State LA you must still follow these steps.
What is an unoffical transcript?
- a pdf of your transcript taken from a website (like GET)
- a scanned copy of a transcript - which was probably official transcript until the seal was broken on the envelope
How do I scan my transcript if I don't own a scanner?
- many phone cameras have the scan option in them
- Adobe scan phone app
- PhotoScan phone app
- or look in your phone's app store for scanner apps
All the information about sending transcripts and how to send them can be found on the Submitting Documents page. They have a drop down menu to help you find the information. There are instructions for submitting electronic transcripts and make sure to look for the 'Where to send/submit academic documents for Admissions' drop down.
How much will it cost?
Tuition costs can be found at the Student and Finance Serice Center. Once you're on the Student and Finance Service Center page, the menu on the left will direct you to the current fees for the semesters listed.
Step 2 Let us know
After you have completed the Cal State Apply application fill out the Application completed form.