Admission to the Ed Tech Program

This is a guide to help you apply for an MA in Educational Technology (either Track) and/or to apply for a Certificate (CAS or COTL).

  1. A BA or BS from an accredited university
  2. A 2.75 grade point average in the last 60 semester or 90 quarter units
  3. Meet English Language Proficiency if the Bachelor's degree was not earned at an accredited college/university where English is the only language of instruction.

Make sure that you meet all admissions deadlines. Here is a getting started tutorial.

Tips for finding the correct deadline:

  • Choose the semester you intent to begin
  • Choose Graduate Degree Programs (Masters/Doctorates)
    • Educational Technology - Track 1: Educational Teachnology Leadership (hybrid - fall semester start dates)
    • Educational Technology - Track 2: E-Learning and New Media Design (online - spring semester start dates)
  • Choose Post-Baccalaureate Certificate (Certificate)
    • Computer Applications in Schools (hybrid - fall semester start dates)
    • Online Teaching and Learning (online - fall semester start dates)

  1. Current resume or vita (2 pages maximum)
  2. Unofficial transcripts (bachelors degree and any universities attended after you received your BA or BS) - current or former Cal State LA students still need to submit unofficial transcripts
  3. Personal Statement - provide no more than a one page response to each of the following:
    • A statement of career purpose that describes your reasons for pursuing the M.A. in Educational Technology.
    • What are your previous experiences with technology in your work and personal life?
    • What strengths do you bring that will enable you to be successful in this program?

Note: Even though you may be a current student at Cal State LA you must still follow these steps.

Unofficial transcripts

What is an unoffical transcript?

  • a pdf of your transcript taken from a website (like GET)
  • a scanned copy of a transcript - which was probably official transcript until the seal was broken on the envelope


How do I scan my transcript if I don't own a scanner?

  • many phone cameras have the scan option in them
  • Adobe scan phone app
  • PhotoScan phone app
  • or look in your phone's app store for scanner apps


Official Transcripts

All the information about sending transcripts and how to send them can be found on the Submitting Documents page. They have a drop down menu to help you find the information. There are instructions for submitting electronic transcripts and make sure to look for the 'Where to send/submit academic documents for Admissions' drop down.

Tuition costs can be found at the Student and Finance Service Center. Once you're on the Student and Finance Service Center page, the menu on the left will direct you to the current fees for the semesters listed.

Contact Ana Zambrano. She can help you with the admissions process, CSU Apply, or answer your questions.

Need help or have questions? Contact Ana Zambrano.

For further information, contact the Division of Applied and Advanced Studies in Education, King Hall C2098. Phone:  (323) 343-4330



Educational Technology Program