The Certificate Program in Online Teaching and Learning is designed to meet the growing needs of online educators in a wide variety of teaching sectors like K-12 teachers, Higher Education faculty, Community College Professors, non-profits, governmental agencies and businesses that develop online training programs. The Online Teaching and Learning certificate is designed for both experienced trainers and educators and those interested in entering the field of online teaching and learning.
Applications open Oct. 1 each year
In addition to University requirements for admission to graduate study, applicants must have:
- An earned baccalaureate degree from accredited institution of higher education with a 2.75 grade point average in the last 60 semester units attempted.
- Official transcripts.
- An application for formal admission to the program.
If you are student in the MA in Educational Technology Track 2: E-Learning and New Media program, the courses required for this certificate are completed as part of your MA degree (a separate CSU Apply application is required).
REQUIRED COURSES (12 units)
- EDIT 5030 Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning (3 units)
- EDIT 5040 Instructional Design for Online Teaching and Learning (3 units)
- EDIT 5050 Authoring Tools for Online Delivery and Universal Design for Learning (3 units)
- EDIT 5060 Learning Communities and Pedagogies in Online Teaching Learning (3 units)
* The program information is to aid in your planning. Make sure to check the University Catalog for the most up to date degree requirements.
Online Teaching and Learning Certificate