Academic Support Resources
The following are Cal State L.A. academic support resources. During Remote Instruction, many of these support centers may use EAB to schedule appointments or their services. Please explore this quick guide in setting up your Academic Advising Appointments with EAB.
University Academic Advisement Center (UAAC)
The University Academic Advisement Center (UAAC) assists undergraduate students with the following:
- General education advisement
- Information on university policies and procedures
- Transfer advisement
- Assistance with university general education (GE) petitions
- Referrals to other university support services
Location: Library, Palmer Wing, Room 1040A
- Phone: 323-343-3150
- Fax: 323-343-6311
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: University Academic Advisement Center | Cal State LA
- List of advisors by college.
Summer drop-in hours for Exploring students and Student Athletes:
- Tuesday to Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Monday to Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Graduate Student Advisement
Graduate students receive advisement from the graduate faculty advisor in each program. Grad Studies provide a list of faculty advisors for each graduate program on their website:
The Office for Students with Disabilities promotes student independence and achievement by providing educational and disability-related support services for students with disabilities.
Location: Administration 127
- Phone: 323-343-3140
- Fax: 323-343-6429
- VP: 323-275-9052
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Office for Students with Disabilities | Cal State LA
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Center for Academic Success (CAS) supports all students throughout their educational journey. You are encouraged to visit a CAS tutor for STEM, social science, or writing tutoring early in the semester. The academic services CAS provides are inclusive, engaging, challenging, and impactful. CAS tutors offer a one-on-one opportunity to discuss your assignments and will provide you with tools to become an independent scholar. The appointments are 30 minutes long. Log on to the Student Success Collaborative portal to make an appointment online.
- Tutoring will resume Monday, August 30th.
- Online Tutoring Appointments: Make an Appointment | Cal State LA
- Virtual Zoom Reception: Virtual Zoom Reception | Cal State LA
- After-Hours Tutoring Appointments: After-Hours Tutoring Appointments | Cal State LA
Location: John F. Kennedy Memorial Library
- Phone: (323) 343-4927
- Website: University Library | Cal State LA
- Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Please check their website for updated hours.
Office of Service-Learning
The mission of the Office of Service-Learning is to link academic teaching, learning, and community service. Here, students have the opportunity to learn more about how to serve the changing needs of a global society while contributing to their own academic success.