Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a tutor, please follow these steps:
- Click the Navigate LA link (grey box above) and log in with your Cal State LA credentials.
- Indicate that you would like access to "Learning Assistance."
- Select the type of service you want to access as well as the location - our services are located in the Center for Academic Success.
- Select an appointment time that fits your schedule.
On the day of your appointment:
- You will receive an email to your Cal State LA email address that includes a URL link to a Zoom meeting.
- Use that link to log in to Zoom at the time of your appointment.
- You may also use the telephone number listed in your email to call into your tutoring session.
- After logging in, you will be greeted by a staff member and connected to your Cal State LA tutor for your designated appointment time.
Important To Remember
- Appointments are 30 minutes long, so come prepared to engage with your tutor straight away.
- Ensure your assignments and any related materials you want to work on are open on your computer or phone.
- Please make sure that your PC, laptop, or phone has Zoom downloaded and installed.
- Zoom may be found under the Quick Launch feature of the MyCalstateLA portal. If you need to familiarize yourself with Zoom, we have tutorials available under the Student Resources section.
- If you need accommodations for your session, please let us know.
- Students are allowed up to three appointments per week.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, please email ahead of time so that we may open up your appointment for another student.
Tutoring sessions are most effective when students show up on time and are ready to work with their tutor. The Center for Academic Success policy regarding late students is as follows:
- If students are later than 5 minutes, they will be able to maintain their original appointment.
- If students are later than 10 minutes, CAS staff will ask the tutor if, in the remaining time, they will be able to conduct an effective session.
- If students are later than 15 minutes, they will need to reschedule their appointment for another time.
For students registered with the Office of Students with Disabilities (OSD)
To request an appointment with accommodations, please email us at [email protected]. When emailing, make sure to include the following:
- Your name
- Your CIN
- A working telephone number
- The type of accommodation you are requesting
- Whether you are requesting an appointment for a specific course or a writing assignment
Upon receiving your email, a staff member will call you back and schedule your appointment with the necessary accommodations. Although we will contact you as soon as we can, please allow 24 hours for a response. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we undertake new methods to support your academic success.