Orientation Leader Student Assistant Position
Job ID: 4169637
The Orientation Leader position requires a serious commitment to Cal State LA and to helping new students and parents transition into the University community. Orientation Leaders assist in the preparation and implementation of all freshmen, transfer, and parent orientation programs during the spring and summer terms. They help new students explore Cal State LA’s academic programs, campus resources, and student organizations while familiarizing them with university policies and procedures. Orientation Leaders are required to undergo extensive training and are expected to represent the University to the best of their abilities at all times.
We are looking for candidates in excellent academic standing (2.5 cumulative GPA and higher). We welcome students from all backgrounds and identities to apply.
If you have any questions, please contact New Student and Parent Engagement at 323.343.3195 or [email protected].
- A team player
- Eager to help others
- Willingness to learn
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES
- Assist with planning and execution of orientation sessions for freshmen, transfer students, and parents
- Conduct expert campus tours
- Facilitate small and large group sessions and deliver campus life presentations
- Assist students with the registration process (GET, schedule information, etc.)
- Attend all of the trainings and meetings
- Deliver outstanding customer service
- Other duties as assigned
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- $14 p/hr
- Exclusive Cal State LA gear
- Access to special events and campus opportunities
- A great time working with a team and developing your leadership abilities
- Mandatory in-person training during the spring semester (12-13 weeks, up to 5 hours per week)
- Mandatory attendance at Boot Camp prior to the start of Orientation (1st week of June)
- Very Important: Minimum summer availability of 24 hours per week (exceptions will not be made to accommodate other on- or off- campus employment)