Counseling and Psychological Services is here to support the health, well-being, and academic success of our students. Services are provided in person and through teletherapy by video conferencing. There are differences between teletherapy and traditional in-person mental health services. Our counselors will assess your particular needs and speak with you about their recommendations for your care.
- Virtual Appointments: We offer virtual sessions via HIPPA-secure Zoom meeting.
- Individual psychotherapy – One-on-one work with a counselor.
- Support groups – Process groups where a counselor meets with students that share a common concern.
- Let’s Talk – A drop-in group where currently enrolled students can have a brief informal consultation with a counselor.
- Couple’s counseling – Sessions to address relationship concerns (partners must be CSU students).
- Triage – A same-day appointment for students in crisis.
- Brief Assessment – An appointment with a licensed psychotherapist for first-time clients to determine the next steps.
CAPS can assist you with obtaining psychiatric services. You can meet with our Referral Specialist for assistance. Also, we have a space in CAPS that you can book (in advance) to meet with your current psychiatrist virtually or via phone.