Don't Pollute! Change the Way You Commute
The Transportation Services Office provides faculty, staff and students with an extensive Rideshare Program. The following programs are available to assist you in your commute to Cal State LA.
The Transportation Services Office is located in The Public Safety Building and is open Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm. For more information contact Transportation Services via email or call (323) 343-5277.
Cal State LA Graduates, keep riding for less with GradPass!
The GradPass Program is a reduced fare program that will assist college graduates as they transition out of the U-Pass program and into the workforce. The GradPass Program will allow the U-Pass Program participant to purchase Metro fare at the reduced College/Vocational rate of $43 for 12 months after graduation.
- Must have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Must have participated in the U-Pass program at Cal State LA for at least one term.
- Holds a student identification card from Cal State LA with U-Pass Media.
- Completed the GradPass Online Registration form, which can be found at: https://lametro.formstack.com/forms/grad_pass_csula.
- Pick up the unloaded GradPass Media at the Transportation Service Center during the Distribution Period from (August 16, 2019 to May 29, 2020).
- Load the GradPass Media at any:
- Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs)
- Metro Customer Service Centers
- By Phone 866-TAP-TO GO (866-827-8646)
- Vendor locations (vendor locator is available at https://www.taptogo.net/taplocator
- GradPass Media is only valid for 12 months from date for which it is issued.
Can I use the GradPass on Metrolink trains?
GradPass is a Metro program and valid on all local Metro buses, Metro Rapid, Metro Liner, and Metro rail services, including the Zone 1 SilverLine buses. GradPass is not valid on Metrolink.
If I no longer need the GradPass will I receive a refund?
All sales are final. There are no refunds for GradPass.
Do I need my student ID?
Yes, you need to bring your Cal State LA student ID or a picture identification.
Can I use the GradPass on Foothill Transit?
GradPass is a Metro pass and is valid on all local Metro Rapid, Metro Liner, and Metro rail services, including Zone 1 Silver Line buses. GradPass is not valid on Foothill lines.
Can I buy a GradPass for someone else?
No, you must be present with your ID to purchase a GradPass
What do I do if my GradPass is not working?
Tap your GradPass once upon boarding. Should it not read, please contact Commuter Services at (323)343-5277.
What happens if I lose my pass?
Go to the Transportation Service Center to report your GradPass lost. Bring your ID when replacing a GradPass.
Note: Purchase is final – no refunds. Students must meet the eligibility requirements at time of purchase. Must have ID when purchasing a GradPass.
For more information contact Commuter Services via email or call (323) 343-5277.
Cal State LA has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Commuters
Explore Parking & Transportation Services