The Alternative Media Production Center (AMPC) produces media that allows students with disabilities to read their class curriculum in alternative ways. The center produces digital copies of books into formats students need so they can keep up with their academic reading. Formats include, but are not limited to Braille, Large-font print, Kurzweil, DOC, EPUB, PDF, etc. There are various software programs that students use such as JAWS, MAGic and Kurzweil.
Each semester eligible students with an e-text accommodation should:
- Request the accommodation using the OSD Online Services (AIM)
- Confirm your request by submitting purchase receipts or completing the e-text confirmation form
- We can begin processing your materials when either of these submissions has been received.
- Purchase receipts can be submitted to [email protected].
- *Textbook conversion cannot be delivered without confirmation of registered classes and proof of purchase.
*Please note that AMPC has specific guidelines that inform which materials can be produced. All materials submitted to the AMPC may not be eligible for production. You will need to consult with the AMPC staff to ensure your requests fall under the appropriate guidelines.
For additional questions regarding converted materials, please email the AMPC at [email protected] or visit the AMPC.