College of Natural and Social Sciences Academic Advisement Center
Center location: KHD1044
Phone: (323) 343-5284 | [email protected]
Follow us on social media: @calstatelanss
We will be having drop-in advising Monday through Friday.
Drop-ins are 15 minutes.
Beginning Monday, June 21st, 2021 drop-in times are from 1:00pm to 2:45pm ONLY.
Students must make an appointment for SAP, Reinstatements, and Readmissions.
The Center will not have drop-in advising on Wednesday, July 14, 2021, drop-in advising will resume on Thursday, July 15, 2021.
We will NOT have Drop-ins on the following days:
Thursday, July 1, 2021
Friday, July 2, 2021
Monday, July 5, 2021 (University Holiday closure)
Thursday, July 8, 2021
Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Thursday, July 15, 2021
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Monday, August 2, 2021
The NSS Advisement Center is committed to helping students complete their Degree Requirements. There will be reduced services during the transitional period while advisors make plans to connect with students who will not be coming to campus for classes.
- There will be no face-to-face advising sessions.
- Advisor calendars are open which allows students to make 30-minute virtual zoom or e-mail appointments. If you select a zoom appointment, your selected advisor will send you the zoom link via your school email.
- Please indicate if you would like a zoom or email appointment!
- DO NOT go to the NSS Dean's Office for assistance!
The advisement team appreciates your patience and consideration during these adverse times!
In partnership with students and the wider Cal State LA community, the NSS Advisement Center's mission is to foster a supportive and validating learning environment where advisors teach and empower students to develop, understand, and achieve their educational goals. Our professional advising team helps students from orientation to graduation:
- Understand general education and major requirements to graduate with a major in the College of Natural and Social Sciences
- Create academic plans and select courses in fulfilling graduation requirements
- Identify and integrate co-curricular and extra-curricular activities into an academic plan to help students achieve their academic and professional goals
- Use the Campus Academic Requirements Report (CARR), departmental checklists/roadmaps, and other tools to monitor their academic progress
- Apply University policies, procedures, forms, and processes necessary for graduation
- With referrals to University resources and offices
Laptop Loan Program Info: https://www.calstatela.edu/deanofstudents/spring-2021-laptop-hotspot-loan-program
Schedule an appointment today
NSS Advisement Center offers 30 minute appointments to help with students' degree progression and planning, graduation check, exploring or declaring a major, and other academic concerns. If you are 5 minutes late your appointment will be cancelled!