Thank you for your interest in the RN to BSN program at the Patricia A. Chin School of Nursing at California State University, Los Angeles (Cal State LA). The undergraduate program is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). There is only one application process a year for a Fall admittance.
Our full-time program is 1 year. The Patricia A. Chin School of Nursing is an impacted, demanding, full-time program, and is not compatible with a heavy outside workload. Upon completion of the program, you will be awarded a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Courses are offered on variable days and times and will involve travel to clinical sites in Los Angeles County.
- All students who wish to be accepted into the RN to BSN program must submit an application to the 1) University and 2) The School of Nursing via Nursing CAS between October and January of each academic year (see below for deadlines). The Nursing major requires students to meet supplemental admission criteria in order to be accepted into the program. Applicants are reviewed by their 1) cumulative GPA 2) GPA in prerequisite courses 3) work experience 4) military and 5) local admission status (local preference).
- Local preference for Transfer Applicants, and Military Applicants:
- Transfer Students: As a commitment to the local community and social upward mobility transfer students are given local preference for attending specific community colleges. Please check to see if your community college is on the list. /admissions/local-preference-transfers
- Military Students: As a commitment to provide access to veterans, Cal State LA gives ‘Local Preference’ to all military veterans regardless of their school of origin. This Veterans category includes active-duty, reservists, and National Guard. /admissions/veteran- admission
- Second baccalaureate students may also apply to the RN to BSN Program.
- The Patricia A. Chin School of Nursing’s program RN to BSN Program takes 1 year to complete. /hhs/school-nursing-roadmaps-graduation-what-courses-should- i-take
The RN to BSN program is currently on hold.
As a commitment to provide access to veterans, Cal State LA gives ‘Local Preference’ to all military veterans regardless of their school of origin. This Veterans category includes active-duty, reservists, and National Guard. /admissions/veteran-admission