Frequently Asked Questions

How much is Tuition and Fees?

For updated tuition and fees information, visit the One-Stop Financial Services Website at:

Installment Payment Plan information is also available on the One-Stop Financial Services Website. We encourage you to view their Pre-Registration Payment Plan section for specific semester based Installment Plans available.

Are payment plans available?

Yes, payment plans are available.

Installment Payment Plan information is available on the One-Stop Financial Services Website under the  Pre-Registration Payment Plan section. Specific semester based Installment Plan information is listed


Where can I pay my fees?

You can pay your fees online at

What types of aid are available to students?

For the types of aid that are available to students, please visit

Does Cal State LA offer scholarships?

Yes, scholarship opportunities are available to enroll Cal State LA students.  For scholarship information, please visit

How do I accept my awards?

For instruction on accepting your awards, please visit the following link

How do I complete my SAP Level 1 Appeal Form?

For tips on completing your SAP Level 1 Appeal Form, please visit the following link

How can I cancel my loans?

Disbursed Student Loans

You can request to cancel a previously disbursed student loan(s) no later than 14 days from the date when your student loans are disbursed to your GET Account. To request a cancelation of your previously disbursed loan schedule an appointment your Financial Aid Advisor. Upon meeting with your Advisor you will be given a Loan Cancellation Request form to complete your request. Requests submitted after 14 days will not be processed by Cal State L.A, at which point you will need to return your loan funds with your servicer directly. For more information about Loan Servicers visit Loan section at

Non-Disbursed Student Loans

You can request to cancel a previously accepted and non-disbursed student loan by submitting a FAN Change Form.  

I qualified for a Cal Grant award, but I do not see it listed on my awards page?

For Cal Grants to be added to your awards, please visit WebGrants 4 Students and select Cal State LA as your school of choice.

Where and how do I check my “To-Do-List” for financial aid?

Students can access self-service access by logging into “MyCSULA Portal” and follow the instructions provided on the site.  You can also find step-by-step instructions online at

How do I submit documents to the Financial Aid Office?

You can submit documents using the online document submission upload at

Is virtual advising available?

Yes, students may submit an Advising Request Form online at

Does Financial Aid send e-mail communications to a non-Cal State LA email account?

No, all official communications are sent to your assigned Cal State LA e-mail.

Questions about on-campus housing?

Please visit the housing link

How many units do I need to be enrolled in to receive aid?

Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units to be eligible for the State University Grant, Cal Grants, Middle-Class Scholarship, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Equal Opportunity Program Grant, and Federal Direct Student Loans.  Students need to be enrolled in a minimum of 3 units to receive a Federal Pell Grant.

How many units is considered full-time status for financial aid?

12 units for undergraduate students.

What is the priority deadline to apply for financial aid?

The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for both the FAFSA and DREAM Application is March 2 of each year.  Students can still apply after March 2nd.  However, late filers will not be considered for priority funding.

What is the priority date to turn in documents for the 2022-2023 aid year?

Please review the Financial Aid Deadlines for priority submission dates.

When will I receive my financial aid disbursement?

The earliest funds can be credited to a student account for enrolled students is ten days before the start of each term.

What is the review time for documents submitted?

The normal review time for completed documents is 2-3 weeks. An incomplete file will not progress to the file review process until all necessary documents are received. Please note that during April – August, the file review time can increase to 4-6 weeks. While the file is being reviewed, estimated aid is posted to a student’s account to facilitate Orientation and registration.

Why can’t I accept my grants?

Grants are automatically accepted on a student’s behalf.

How do I contact the Financial Aid Office?

For general contact information, please visit us on the web at