How to Accept Your Awards on GET
The award notice is only one step in the process of receiving your financial aid. There are additional steps you need to take in order for your awards to disburse and credit your university fees (and for any refund to be issued):
STEP 1: Accept or Decline My Awards on GET
The financial aid awards that you have been offered can be viewed on GET. If you have been awarded a federal, state, or institutional grant, these awards will be placed on "accept" status for you "automatically".
If you have been awarded a Federal Direct Loan (Subsidized or Unsubsidized), you may accept or decline any the loans online via GET. You can also reduce the offered loan amount. Awards need to be accepted before they can be credited towards your university-related charges.
Federal Parent PLUS loans, Graduate PLUS loans, Perkins loans, or Nursing loans will be placed on accept status for you by the Financial Aid Office.
If you need additional assistance with accepting & declining your awards, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (323) 343-6260.
STEP 2: Report Your Receipt of Other Sources of Funding to the Financial Office
If you will be receiving other sources of funding that are not included on your award summary, you must notify us in writing of the source and amount of each award (i.e., departmental or outside scholarships or a fee waiver).We will issue you a revised electronic notice if other awards need to be adjusted based on this new information.
You may complete and submit a FAN Change Form to notify us of any other sources of funding you will be receiving for the academic year.
STEP 3: Enroll in Eagle Express Direct Deposit
Financial aid funds are first applied toward any outstanding University charges. Any excess amounts are then refunded to you via check mailing to your mailing address on record with the University or via Direct Deposit.
By enrolling in Eagle Express Direct Deposit, you can expedite the process for receiving any refunds for which you are eligible.
You may sign up for Direct Deposit to your checking or savings account online via GET. Select the link below for full navigation instructions.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit
STEP 4: Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling & Master Promissory Note
If you have been offered and accepted, a Direct Stafford Loan, you will need to complete additional steps in order for your loan to disburse and credit your student account. These steps will only need to be completed the first time you borrow a Direct Stafford Loan at CSULA. You will not need to recomplete these items for subsequent years.
Federal Regulations require that you complete student loan counseling prior to receiving a federal student loan for the first time at CSULA. The counseling will provide critical information about the student loan programs and delivery of funds. After completing the online session, we recommend printing out a copy of the student loan borrower's Rights & Responsibilities Checklist for your records.
- Electronic notification of your completion of the loan counseling will be sent to the Financial Aid Office.
You will need to provide the following when completing the MPN:
- A FSA User ID and Password. Obtain user ID and Password at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid
- Your full legal name as it appears on your social security card
- Permanent mailing address
- Driver's License number and state (if applicable)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Name, address, and phone number for two references. These should be people who have known you for at least one year preferably relatives who live at different addresses from one another.
Items of Note:
- MPNs are valid for ten years.
- Electronic notification of your completion of the MPN will be sent to the Financial Aid Office.
- A separate loan counseling and MPN must be completed for borrowers of a Graduate Plus Loan.