The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Program is designed for:
- Working adults and upper-division transfer students that are interested in completing their degree at an accredited, four-year university.
- Individuals who would like to advance their career in the following areas: sales, finance, retail, manufacturing, human resources, public administration, marketing, management, and entrepreneurship.
The per unit cost for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is $425.
The total program cost is $25,500.
Read more about Financial Assistance opportunities for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Program.
The five (5) courses listed below are NOT Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Program admission requirements. However, they are degree requirements. They must be completed before your degree is awarded. These classes may be taken before or concurrently while taking classes at Cal State LA Downtown. These courses will NOT be offered at Cal State LA Downtown and must be taken at your local community college.
Review the program's required prerequisite courses and prerequisite course equivalency.
Students in the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Program are able to take between three (3) and 12 units each semester.
Four (4) courses are offered during the Fall and Spring Semesters with each course running once per week in the evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9:15 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays. Two (2) evening courses are also offered during Summer Session. Students must attend courses in the Fall and Spring Semesters, and Summer Session to complete their degree.
Program time to completion is 2-3 years depending on the load of coursework students take each term and the number of transferable units applied towards their degree (maximum of 10 units).
The five (5) prerequisite courses listed in the above section must be completed before your degree is awarded.
To be considered for admission into Cal State LA Downtown's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Program, all prospective applicants must have the following:
- Be considered an "upper-division" transfer student, as this is a degree completion program.
- Completed at least 60 transferable semester units/90 transferable quarter units.
- Have a GPA of 2.00 or above.
- Be in good standing and eligible to re-enroll at your last college or university attended
- Earn grades of "C" or better in the Cal State LA Golden Four Courses.
Review Cal State LA's Transfer Admissions Requirements. (Major-specific requirements may be applicable and are TBA.)
Note: Due to special requirements, College of Professional and Global Education (PaGE) and second baccalaureate students, are not allowed to change their degree objective nor are they eligible to declare additional bachelor-level majors or minors.
Application dates for Fall 2024 admission are October 1, 2023, through March 15, 2024.
The transcript deadline is April 5, 2024.
Mail transcripts to:
Office of Admissions and Recruitment
Cal State LA
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032
*Watch a video about how to use Cal State Apply.
Learn more about the transcript submission process.