Updated 6/2/20 at 2:08 pm
Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I make my Canvas Course visible?
Click here for information on making your Canvas course visible.
My students cannot see my course content. What do I do now?
Click here for information on making content available to students, making sure that each activity in the module has also been Publish
What has changed with the Canvas Text Editor?
How do I give students extra time on a Canvas quiz?
Once you publish a quiz, click here for how to give students (e.g., OSD accommodation) extra time on your quiz.
How can I move content from one course to another in Canvas?
Click here for instructions on copying course content from one Canvas shell to another.
How do I use Zoom breakout rooms?
Click here for information on managing Zoom breakout rooms.
How do I use a Zoom Virtual Background?
Click here for help on how to use a Virtual Background in Zoom.
Virtual Support Room
Current Operating Hours:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (Last questions accepted at 4:15 pm)
- Tuesday and Thursday: 9:00 - 5:00 pm (Last questions accepted at 4:45 pm)
Enter the"Drop In" Virtual Support Room during open hours.
There may be a brief wait when you enter the virtual support room.
To access support by phone, please call:
Meeting ID: 657-069-713 #
Participant ID: #
Send an email to email@example.com
Current Operating Hours: Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Phone Support - Not currently available
❌Telephone support is NOT AVAILABLE at this time.
Walk-in Lab Support - Not currently available
❌CLOSED beginning Friday, March 13 at 1:00 pm and will remain closed until further notice.
As of March 17: The campus is currently limited to essential staff only. Most services, including the University Library, are closed.
- Register for Low Bandwidth Teaching webinar
- Wednesday, June 3, 3:00 PM
- Friday, June 5, 12:00 PM
- Register for Canvas Gradebook & SpeedGrader webinar
- Thursday, June 4, 3:00 PM
- Check Cal State L.A.'s Health Watch webpage for official campus updates on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation
- Check the CSU's coronavirus webpage for official CSU system-wide updates
- Verify/Update your phone number to receive official campus Eagle Alert messages
- Follow the CalStateLA ITS twitter feed for ITS updates
- Check out the ITS webpage on Resources for Virtual or Remote Access
System Status Monitoring
Please visit the following links to verify whether these systems or services fully operational or to verify any outages.