Welcome to the Cal State LA Emergency Preparedness Page!
"A good plan vigorously executed now is better than a perfect plan executed a week from now."
- General George S. Patton
The Cal State LA Emergency Preparedness program is responsible for ensuring the Cal State LA campus and community are prepared to respond to, and recover from, any emergency or disaster. The program consists of the following components:
- Building Administrators (Contact List)
- The Multihazard Emergency Plan (EOP)
- The Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- The Pandemic Business Continuity Plan (PBCP)
- The Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- The Cal State LA CERT Team
- Emergency Preparedness & Response Equipment and Supplies
- Emergency Preparedness & Response Training, Drills, and Exercises
- Evacuation Chair Training & Video
- Fire Extinguisher Training Video
The Cal State LA Emergency Operations Officer (Emergency Manager) is responsible for overseeing the Emergency Preparedness program, advising university administrators and executives on disaster preparedness, response, and recovery issues related to our campus, and ensuring compliance with Cal State University Executive Orders EO 1014 & EO 1056. The Cal State LA Emergency Executive provides final approval to all Cal State LA disaster response plans and procedures.
Who is a Disaster Service Worker?
Are you a State Employee? Then you are! Watch this video to learn about what that means and what you can do to help after a disaster strikes!
- Are YOU Prepared for an Emergency?
- 20 Weeks to Ready
- Earthquake Country Alliance
- USGS Earthquake Hazards Program
- Personal Planing Guide
- How to Purify Water
- Cal State LA Multihazard Emergency Plan (EOP)
- Cal State LA Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
- Disability / Access / Functional Needs Planning
- Suspicious Mail Guidelines
- Campus Safety Bollard Information
Emergency Response / EOC / Building Evacuation
- AP 408 - Emergency Action Plan
- Campus Evacuation Assembly Areas
- Campus Evacuation Assembly Areas (Map)
- Evacuation Stair Chair Locations
- Building Administrator Emergency Checklist
- Evacuation Drill Evaluation Form
- Disaster Service Worker FAQs
- Disaster Service Worker Program
- EOC Org Chart