Virtual information sessions for the Summer 2024 ABSN Application Cycle will take place:
- October 26; 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. (Pacific); Registration is forthcoming.
- November 16: 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. (Pacific) Registration is forthcoming.
- The ABSN Program admits once per year for every summer term (June).
- The Summer 2024 application cycle will remain a digital application process utilizing the Nursing CAS website (see below) for application and documentation submission. Please submit all documentation through Nursing CAS. Please do not submit your application via Cal State Apply.
- The ABSN Program application cycle will open on Tuesday, November 1, 2023, and will close on Tuesday, January 9, 2024, in Nursing CAS.
- All ABSN Program application materials must be submitted via Nursing CAS (Link is forthcoming). Please do not submit any program application materials to the School of Nursing.
- ABSN Application Procedure
The ABSN program is a self-support program offered through the College of Professional and Global Education (PaGE).
The per-semester unit cost is $595, plus other related fees and expenses.
Financial aid opportunities are available to continuing students who wish to complete their degree in this program. Options include loans, scholarships, and grants. Federal student loans and grants may be available when students are fully matriculated at Cal State LA, during the fall and depending on each student’s submitted Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). File your FAFSA.
For more information about financial aid, please visit the College of Professional and Global Education's website, or contact Tom Lau, Financial Aid Advisor for the College of Professional and Global Education.
For academic advisement, please contact ABSN Program Faculty Coordinator, Professor Joseph Kastely. Please note, we are no longer scheduling individual advisement appointments. Virtual drop-in advisement sessions are available on Thursdays via this link on the following dates:
- September 14 to December 14, 2023; 1 to 4:30 p.m.
- January 25 to May 9, 2024, from 1 to 4:30 p.m.