Library Services for Alumni & Community
You can borrow materials from the University Library if you are a:
- Cal State LA Alumni Association Members
- Los Angeles County High School For the Arts students and staff
- Local high school students and staff
- Mutual Use Borrowers
Apply in person at the first floor service desk, Library North. Forms are available at the desk or print the application form to bring with you. Please also bring:
- A valid government-issued ID or state Driver's License, and:
- For alumni accounts: proof of Alumni Association membership
- For LACHSA, other high school, or Mutual Use accounts: your current, valid school ID
Upon approval, you can:
- Borrowing materials from the library's physical collection
- Borrowing privileges at the Cal State LA library is limited to most physical items owned by the library. This does not include CSU+, Interlibrary Loan, or Course Reserves.
- Alumni and Community Borrowers do not have access to electronic resources.
Library accounts will remain active for one year from the date of the approved application.
Computer and Printer Access:
- Campus computer access and printing is limited to current Cal State LA Students, Faculty, and Staff with a Cal State LA login credential.
- Alumni and Community borrowers may bring their own devices and access the public Wi-Fi CSULA-OPEN to for internet browsing.