The Cal State LA Honors College is dedicated to enrolling enthusiastic students who demonstrate a strong desire to engage actively in our academic, social, and community involvement initiatives. Admission decisions will be made after a thorough evaluation of application materials. Candidates may have the opportunity to interview with the Honors College Admissions Committee. Eligibility for Honors College admission is open to both incoming and current students. New students must also secure admission to the University.
Incoming Freshmen applicants have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher.
Incoming Junior transfers have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher in their college coursework and in all lower-division GE requirements.
Continuing sophomores may be eligible for admission to the Honors College provided they have attained a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher in their university and in all lower-division GE requirements.
The Early Entrance Program (EEP) is another pathway to Honors College admission. EEP allows gifted and talented scholars between the ages of 11-15 early enrollment as full-time EEP/Honors college students at Cal State LA.
We are now accepting applications for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- First-time Freshmen priority consideration is January 31, 2024
- First-time Transfer and Continuing Cal State LA student priority consideration is February 28, 2024
Important note for all applicants to the Honors College:
Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the Honors College.
All applications that meet the Priority Deadline will be reviewed for Honors College admission and scholarships. Applications received after the Priority Deadline will be reviewed based on the availability of space and funds.
STEPS TO APPLY
You must apply to Cal State LA before you will be able to access the Honors College application.
Apply to the University via Cal State Apply: www.calstate.edu/apply
Note: If you are currently a student at Cal State LA, you should skip this step and proceed directly to the Honors College application.
The Application is your opportunity to introduce yourself to the Honors College. Take time to thoughtfully reflect upon what you will write. Your responses are unique to you. These guidelines may be useful:
- DO preview the questions, create drafts, and save your work. You may save your draft and return to it at any time before the deadline.
- DO proofread and edit carefully: avoid distracting your readers with preventable writing mistakes.
- DO provide specific examples of your points: avoid vague generalities and unsupported assertions.
- DO exercise critical thinking by providing a carefully considered statement: avoid cliches, quotations from others (we want to hear from you!), and grandiose claims.
- DO give yourself enough time to submit your best draft by planning time for brainstorming, writing, proofreading, and editing.
Complete the online application to the Honors College through GET, (/registrar/get). There is no additional fee required to apply to the Honors College.
Note: Please note that you will need access to your GET account to apply to the Honors College. Cal State LA will provide you by email with a User ID (CIN) and password.
Click on the link below to view step-by-step instructions on how to access the application:
Further instructions will be sent out via email upon the student's application submission.
The email will include instructions on how to upload unofficial transcripts.
Please plan to submit transcripts after the posting of your fall semester grades.
If you have any questions regarding the Honors College application process
please contact us at [email protected]
King Hall D1045
Cal State LA
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032