Honors College Scholarships
All eligible applicants to the Honors College will be considered for these and other scholarships. No separate application is required for new students entering Cal State LA. For all continuing students, the Cal State LA General Scholarship application must be completed, which includes submission of FAFSA or California Dream Act Application. When you submit the General Scholarship application, you will be considered for all scholarships (University-wide) for which you are eligible. Scholarships will be awarded based on a comprehensive review of application materials.
Annual scholarships of $2,500 to $6,800 (potentially renewable for up to three additional years) may be awarded to incoming Honors College freshmen demonstrating high achievement, motivation, and a commitment to education. Minimum criteria for a President's Scholar include: be a California resident; have a cumulated high school GPA of 3.75 or greater; have been accepted to and enrolled in California State University, Los Angeles and the Honors College.
Honors College Scholars
Multi-year scholarships may be offered to incoming Honors College freshmen who have demonstrated great potential, motivation, and a commitment to education. Award range varies
Additional Honors College Scholarships
Additional Honors College scholarships are listed below. Their descriptions can be found in the attached pdf document.
- Coca-Cola First Generation College Scholarship Program
- Edison Scholars
- Elliott R. Barton Endowment
- George Bachmann President's Scholarship
- Honors Opportunities to Promote Excellence
- John B. Willis Scholarship Endowment
- Joseph Drown Scholars
- Joyce Bourke Memorial Scholarship Early Entrance Program
- Lucy Venzor Memorial Scholarship
- Merkin Honors College Scholars I
- Osher Scholarship Endowment for California Community College Transfer Students
- The Blanca Flanagan Rios Scholarship Fund
- The CSU Chancellor Emeritus Barry A. Munitz Scholarship
- The L.T. & Patricia Button Endowed Scholarship
- The Prabir K. Pal Endowed Scholarship
- William James Dermody Scholarship
When you submit the Cal State LA General Scholarship application and FAFSA or California Dream Act Application, you will be considered for all scholarships (University-wide) for which you are eligible. Check the Center for Student Financial Aid website for the most up-to-date information on university scholarships and the financial aid process.
The California State University Foundation
The California State University Foundation administers system-wide or multi-campus scholarships. Learn more about how to pay for college.