Bachelor of Arts in Communication in Downtown LA
Who Should Apply?
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication Program is designed for:
- Individuals and working professionals interested in completing their bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year university.
- Individuals who are interested in pursuing careers in diverse fields such as marketing, sales, consulting, public relations, business, management, human resources, public affairs, fundraising, development, and civil service, among others.
- Working professionals seeking career advancement.
The per unit cost for the Bachelor of Arts in Communication Program is $425.
The total program cost is $25,000.
Read more about Financial Assistance opportunities for the Bachelor of Arts in Communication Program.
COMM 1200-Argumentation (or its equivalent) is not required for admissions although is a degree requirement. The course will not be offered at Cal State LA Downtown and is strongly recommended to be taken at your local community college. The course must be completed before your Bachelor of Arts in Communication degree is awarded.
Over the span of two years, student cohorts in the Bachelor of Arts in Communication Program will complete 20 courses for a total of 60-semester units. Spring and fall semesters are separated into two 8-week sessions with students taking two courses per session. Summer Session consists of one 8-week session in which students will take two courses.
To be considered for admission into Cal State LA Downtown's Bachelor of Arts in Communication Program, all prospective applicants must have the following:
- Be considered an "upper-division" transfer student, as this is a degree completion program.
- Completed at least 60 transferable semester units/90 transferable quarter units.
- Have a GPA of 2.00 or above.
- Be in good standing and eligible to re-enroll at your last college or university attended
- Earn grades of "C" or better in the Cal State LA Golden Four Courses.
Review Cal State LA's Transfer Admissions Requirements. (Major-specific requirements may be applicable and are TBA.)
Note: Due to special requirements, College of Professional and Global Education (PaGE) and second baccalaureate students, are not allowed to change their degree objective nor are they eligible to declare additional bachelor-level majors or minors.
To Apply/Application Deadline
Application deadlines for the Bachelor of Arts in Communication Program
Fall 2023 Admission
Mail transcripts to:
Learn more about the transcript submission process.