How Do I Report?

How do I report a student of concern to the CARE Team?

Please click HERE to report non-emergency concerning student behavior.

Immediate or Imminent Concerns

If a student’s conduct is clearly or imminently reckless, disorderly, dangerous, or threatening to self or others, please call 911 or University Police at (323) 343-3700.

For students experiencing a mental health emergency or life-threatening situation, call 911, University Police (323) 343-3700 or go to your local emergency room.

Crisis Counseling

CAPS counselors are available Monday-Thursday between 8:30 am-5:45 pm, and Friday between 8:30 am-12:15 pm to assist with urgent situations, emergencies, or serious crisis related to psychological concerns.*  Students in crisis may walk into CAPS (or may be walked to CAPS by a faculty, staff, or a student) during these hours and will be seen by a counselor in a timely manner.

Additional Resources for Housing Students

Call the Resident Assistant (RA) on Duty at (323) 343-4807 on weekends and after 5:00 pm on weekdays or call Housing Services at (323) 343-4800 Monday-Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm.

Need More Direction?

Contact the Dean of Students staff at (323) 343-3103 for consultation to talk through your concerns and discuss the situation.

*Please keep in mind that calls to CAPS are not reported to the CARE Team due to confidentiality restrictions. It is recommended that you also report your concern using the CARE Team Report Form, even if you receive assistance through CAPS.