Scholarships, Awards, Financial Aid

This page offers a listing of various scholarships, grants, and awards students in the MFA Television, Film, and Theater program can apply.  This is only a partial list.  For more information visit Financial Aid's Resources and Links.  

MFA in Television, Film, and Theatre Culminating Project Funds 

The MFA in TVFT program has allocated funds that students can apply for to use towards reimbursement of expenses from his or her culminating project.  

There is a maximum amount of $500.00 per student.  The money will be allocated until it is expended.

Click the link above for more information and feel free to email the program office with any questions.  [email protected] 

Cal State LA Scholarships

Deadline: TBA

Cal State LA has over 400 scholarship opportunities to support your educational goals.  You can browse the various scholarships available on our Cal State LA Scholarships Application site during the scholarship application season (March 5, 2018-March 30, 2018).  The scholarships are made available through the generosity of our University donors, alumni, and friends.  Please keep in mind that these scholarship opportunities are in addition to the various federal, state, and outside agency financial aid programs!

Apply Once!

Cal State LA has simplified the process for you to be considered for these various Cal State LA scholarship opportunities.  Simply follow the steps on the general application and you will be automatically matched to the scholarships for which you meet the minimum qualifications.  Final selection will then be made based on a ranking of the applicants based by the appropriate scholarship committee.

Additional Grants and Scholarship: Raul Henderson Spirit Scholarship

Office of Graduate Studies

Graduate Equity Fellowship Program

Deadline: March 29, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. PT
These grants are designed to increase the number of master’s degrees awarded to economically disadvantaged CSU students, especially those graduate students that are underrepresented among graduate degree recipients in their discipline and to those who are disabled. 

Graduate Student Non-Resident Tuition Waiver Program

Deadline to College Associate Deans: April 2, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.  PT

A limited number of non-resident tuition fee waivers or tuition fee reductions may be granted to non-resident graduate students who are either domestic non-resident students or citizens of a foreign country.

Travel Support for Students Presenting at Professional Conferences (TSSP)

Deadline: Ongoing

The Travel Support for Student Presentations (TSSP) is a reimbursement program designed to encourage and assist Cal State LA graduate students whose work has been accepted into a professional/academic conference. 

Culminating Project Fund to Support Completion of Thesis, Creative Activity or Dissertation

Deadline: Ongoing

This fund is a reimbursement program designed to support Cal State LA graduate student research and/or scholarship conducted towards completing a thesis, creative activity, or dissertation. Students funded through this award will receive reimbursement for approved supplies, equipment, and services.

National & International Scholarships and Fellowships Program

The National & International Scholarships and Fellowships Program (NISFeP) supports students in pursuing off-campus scholarships and fellowships that offer transformative and challenging experiences in the areas of academic and applied research, and global and civic learning. We work closely with students throughout the process, helping them strengthen their relationships with faculty mentors and develop their ability to present their knowledge, ideas, values, accomplishments, and goals succinctly and effectively.