(1) Submit Official Transcripts within 30 days of Offer of Admission
- For Fall admission, transcripts must include grades earned through the prior fall term, and if applicable, include in-progress spring courses.
- For Spring admission, transcripts must include grades earned through the prior summer term, and if applicable, include in-progress fall courses.
(2) Submit the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit no later than May 1st
(3) Satisfy the Terms of your Admission Offer
It is important to understand that admission to the University is a multi-step process. Some applicants who are transfering from a U.S. college/university may have been offered Conditional Admission because their admission was based only on the information reported in their admission application. If you were conditionally admittted, we will need to confirm your academic qualifications by reviewing official college/university transcripts, test scores, verifications of degree, or military records. It is your responsibility to submit these documents within 30 days of conditional admission notification.
- Transferable Coursework
- Grade Point Average (GPA): Is the GPA you reported in your admission application accurate?
- Completion of at least 60 transferable semester units, or 90 transferable quarter units.
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester units, or 45 quarter units, in courses approved to meet CSU General Education (GE) requirements.
- Completion with a grade of 'C-' or better by the end of the prior Spring term for Fall admission, or by the end of the prior Summer term for Spring admission, the CSU GE requirements in Written Communication, Oral Communication, Critical Thinking*, and Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning. *The CSU Critical Thinking course requirement is waived for most Engineering majors.
- Overall final transferable GPA that is the same, or higher than, what was reported on the Admission Application. While some decrease in GPA may continue to meet admission eligibility, declines below admission cutoffs will result in withdrawal of the offer.
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended in a regular session.
- If admitted to a program with Major-Specific Criteria for Admission; must also meet/complete the supplemental admission criteria as planned, which may include the completion of an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT).
- Fall Admission: July 15 and must include grades earned through the spring term
- Spring Admission: November 15 and must include grades earned through the summer term
(4) Apply for your I-20 or SEVIS Transfer
Applicants holding, or applying for a F-1 or J-1 visa must complete and submit the online New Student I-20 Verification Form with signatures and appropriate documentation to show proof of funding. If you are interested in attending Cal State LA, please do not wait for your admission decision before submitting these documents. The advance submission of the verification form, and financial documentation, will help expedite the issuance of the I-20; if your I-20 paperwork is complete, the International Programs Office can issue the I-20 immediately after your admission to the University.
If you are currently studying in the US, and please request to transfer your SEVIS to Cal State LA by completing and submitting the Transfer to Cal State LA Form. Please do not transfer the SEVIS until you receive the offer of admission, and you know that you plan to attend the University for the admit term.
For other important information, including the deadline for the I-20/SEVIS transfer process, please contact the International Programs Office at (323) 343-3170, email@example.com, or visit the International Programs webpage.
(5) Apply for Housing
(6) Submit your Final Transcript(s) and official Test Scores no later than July 15th
To be considered final, the transcript must include courses/grades completed as follows:
- For Fall admission, transcripts must include grades earned through the Spring term.
- For Spring admission, transcripts must include grades earned through the Fall term.
- If you are using test credit to meet a transfer admission course, or unit requirement, you must also submit official test scores (e.g. AP, CLEP, IB, etc.) to Cal State LA.
- For Fall admission, if you are using an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) to meet Major-Specific Criteria for Admission, a final transcript with the posted AA-T or AS-T degree earned by the end of the preceding Spring term, must be sent to the Admissions Office by September 1st.
(7) Review the Cost of Attendance and Financial Aid options
(8) Attend Golden Eagle Orientation during the Summer
(9) Check in with the International Programs Office
The Cal State LA International Programs Office provides immigration and visa counseling for international applicants and students. They process and issue I-20s for study at Cal State LA. For more information, please visit the International Programs webpage.