Bachelor of Science Degree in
Charter College of Education
Division of Special Education and Counseling
Rehabilitation Services is a diverse field within the general area of human services which provides services for people who have physical, emotional, and intellectual disabilities, and for individuals with economic and social disadvantages.
With a Bachelor of Science degree in Rehabilitation Services, one may find work in the human services field. Here is a sample of professions for your reference:
- Human Services Caseworker/Case Manager
- Health Services Coordinator
- Homeless Shelter Coordinator
- Hospice Coordinator
- Job Coach
- Job Developer or Job Placement Specialist
- Supported Employment Coordinator
- Disability Center-resident Counselor
- Domestic Violence Coordinator
- Parole and Probation Officer
- Vocational Training Facility Instructor
- Advance the independence, integration, and full participation of individuals with rehabilitation needs in the workforce and the community.
- Develop knowledge and skills in educational research; develop analysis and reflection skills along with professional written and oral communication.
- Develop an understanding of current issues, practices and directions in curriculum and the ability to inquire into these.
- Understand and be able to apply assessment procedures as related to rehabilitation potential and rehabilitation planning.
- Be able to advocate for people who have disabilities so that these individuals receive maximum benefit and have full participation and equitable treatment in the workforce and in society.
- Obtain knowledge and develop skills in how to work multicultural with ethnically diverse individuals when providing human services within an urban environment.
As a part of Rehabilitation Services, students receive individual advisement and instruction from expert faculty members who combine extensive classroom-teaching experience, research, and pre-service and in-service development in the area of Rehabilitation Services. For more information regarding Rehabilitation Services, contact one of the following faculty members:
Frances W. Siu, Ph.D., C.R.C.,Program Coordinator
Martin G. Brodwin, Ph.D., C.R.C.
Heidi Paul, Ph.D., C.R.C.
David B. Peterson, Ph.D., C.R.C.
King Hall C 1064
Rehabilitation Counseling Education Program
Division of Special Education & Counseling
California State University, Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive, KH-C1064
Los Angeles, CA 90032
Click on Rehabilitation Services, B.S. to learn what types of classes you’ll be taking as part of the Rehabilitation Services.