Privacy Notice

Notice of Privacy Practices

This notice describes how your health information may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please take the time to carefully review the notice and contact us if you have any questions.

Our Responsibilities

The Student Health Center is required by law to protect the privacy of your health information and to provide you with a notice of privacy practices. All information that identifies you, payment for health care provided to you, how we keep your personal and health information private and our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to health information. We are legally required to follow the terms of this Notice. 

Printed copies of our current Notice of Privacy Practices are available throughout the Student Health Center. You may also view, download and print a copy of the current Notice by clicking on the Notice of Privacy Practices.

We may change the terms of this Notice in the future and reserve the right to make changes and to make the new Notice effective for all health information that we maintain. If changes are made to the Notice the Student Health Center will:

  • Post the new Notice in our waiting areas
  • Make printed copies available throughout the Student Health Center
  • Post the new Notice of Privacy Practices on our website
  • Copies will also be made available upon request by calling 323-343-3336.

If you have questions about the information in this Notice or about our privacy policies, procedures, or practices, you may contact our Privacy Officer at 323-343-3336.


You may file a complaint about our privacy practices.

If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated or if you are dissatisfied with our privacy policies or procedures, you may file a complaint either with us or with the federal government. We will not take any action against you or change our treatment of you in any way if you file a complaint.

To file a written complaint with the Student Health Center (SHC), you may bring your complaint to the SHC or you may mail it to the following address: Student Health Center Director, California State University, Los Angeles Student Health Center, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032-8411.

To file a complaint with the federal government, you may send your complaint to the following address: Centralized Case Management Operations, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Room 509F HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201. Additional information, including online reporting, is available at U.S. Department of Health & Human Services - Office for Civil Rights (