Get Books or Articles We Don't Have Using Our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service
Before requesting books or articles from another library, you should search the Library Catalog (books), or the Journal List (articles) to see if we have the item you need. If you still can't find what you're looking for, then request the item through interlibrary loan.
If you have a citation, you can directly enter that information using either the book request screen or article request screen after you login to your interlibrary loan account.
For a Book
To locate and/or request a book from another library:
- Use the Advanced Search option on the Library home page
- Enter the title or your search term(s)
- On the search results page, click on the "CSU's & Local Libraries" tab
- Click on the title of the item to see a list of the local area libraries that have the item. You can borrow directly from any CSU or local community college library with your CalStateLA Student ID Card. For public libraries, you need to apply for a library card before you can borrow a book. The public library card is free and you only need to provide an ID with the proof of your address, such as your driver's license.
- If the item is not available at a CSU or local library, you can click the button to request the book via Interlibrary Loan. You will be notified by email when the item is available for pick-up at the Circulation Desk.
* Typical turn-around time for an Interlibrary Loan request is about 5 working days. Depending on the location of the item, it may take up to 10 days for the item to be delivered.
For an Article
If you searched for an article in a database and the library does not have access to that journal, click the ? button to "Submit a request" for Interlibrary Loan. Often the article will be delivered electronically to your email.
Checking the Status of an Interlibrary Loan Request
Checking the Status of an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Request
Please allow up to two weeks to receive your requested material.
If you made your request directly in the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan System (or via the link to it on "Find It" pages), you can check the status of your request by logging into the ILL system and then selecting the View / Modify Requests button.