To be eligible for the Guardian Scholars program, students must:
- Be a current or former foster youth, ward of the court, or previously under legal guardianship.
- Have applied or been admitted as an undergraduate student at Cal State LA.
*Applying to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) is recommended, but it is not mandatory.
To participate in the Guardian Scholars Program (GSP):
- Complete the Guardian Scholars Program Application.
- Provide a Court Dependency Letter (ward of the court letter for foster/probation youth).
Students who are selected to join the program will need to adhere to the Guardian Scholars Program Agreement. This includes:
- Attend Guardian Scholar Meet & Greet.
- Submit a signed Audio/Visual Release Form.
- Active participation is highly recommended.
- Meet at least 2 times per semester to discuss goals (the first meeting will be one hour; follow-up meetings will be 30 minutes).
- Attend at least 3 workshops per semester.