The Guardian Scholars program at Cal State LA provides support services to undergraduate students who are current or former foster youth, wards of the court, or were previously under legal guardianship.
Counseling, academic advising and personal support are among the services that program participants receive as they transition to life at Cal State LA.
We are committed to supporting the academic success of Guardians Scholars, as well as their personal growth and self-empowerment. Our goal is to see Guardian Scholars earn their degree.
BENEFITS AND SERVICES:
- Priority registration
- On-campus housing assistance
- Counseling, advocacy, and personal support
- Financial advising and literacy
- Career/workforce development
- Life skills development and training
- Leadership opportunities